Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: In Parker, out ??

I fear for Bird.. He played a terrific game against the Weagles.. Even so, I think Longmire might push him aside for Parker..

Parker coming in effectively pushes Goodes into a permanent forward role. Then the decision becomes who is the ruck/forward: LRT of Pyke. Parker and Bird both should be in the side based on their form this year. We have a lot flexibility on how we want to structure the team because of the versatility of several players, like Goodes and ROK who play anywhere on the ground.

Veterans List
    I think Bird would be doing well on B&F points for his games this year. Unlikely to be dropped.

I imagine they'll rest LRT and make Goodes the centre option up forward with Everitt to also fill in for LRT's role and then they'll bring Parker into the midfield. Malceski to sub.
    Would as usual like TDL to come in for Everitt but that aint gonna happen.

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    I think Bird would be doing well on B&F points for his games this year. Unlikely to be dropped.
    Thank God that Judd may not be available to play. I would be worried about Bird.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyRayCypress View Post
    Thank God that Judd may not be available to play. I would be worried about Bird.
    Winged - or well and truly plucked?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer_Cheer View Post
    I fear for Bird.. He played a terrific game against the Weagles.. Even so, I think Longmire might push him aside for Parker..
    Nah. If he'd followed up his Brisbane game with another poor performance, then maybe, but he well and truly redeemed himself. A player who might be in trouble is McGlynn. Just hasn't really clicked into gear this season. I think Everitt will be kept because of his skills, I just love him with ball in hand, and I think Horse does as well. He's always dangerous from the 50 metre arc as well. That said, we are a better team on paper with Parker in, Everitt out, so it's a tough one. I just like what Everitt brings to the team, we've got plenty of Parker, not much Everitt.

Other than that, there really aren't any vacancies in the team, which is just indicative of how strong a team we are at the moment.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

No chance. Horse has ruffled his feathers. I expect Birdy to be flying high for the rest of the year. Id rather have Parks in for someone like Everitt and just dominate the middle. Ryan can always push back as well as forward towards the end of games and he starts to ramp it up in the back end of the season.

Parks kicks goals as well as does the Birdman.

We need to win the middle. Bird in, Parker in when ready. Bring on the rest of the season!!

BSA5, I have to agree with your comment about Mcglynn. He really hasn't got it all together this year consistently. He's been good here and there, but not often enough IMO. Would possibly explain why he's been getting his short man syndrome flairing up on the field so often. Probably frustrated.

Opti-pessi-misti
    Like BSAS I wonder a bit about Benny McGlynn this year, especially when Parker comes back in. I don't look at the match stats. much but last time I did, may have been v Brisbane, I was surprised to see that his disposal efficiency was about the worst in the team 50 something % - not that stats. tell the whole story. To me he seems to bob up now and again in a game and do something important but he certainly doesn't spend much time crumbing in the forward line! I am open to the possibility that he, like Birdy, is doing something useful that doesn't show out.

A spell for McGlynn wouldn't be the worst idea, it seems to have worked on Eski. I can't believe there is anyone who things Malceski might be behind Armstrong, I mean I love the guy and he's obviously a huge Sydney supporter but Malceski is quite a long way ahead at this stage. Maybe next year will be Armstrong's year.

I think the change for this week is simple, rest LRT after that knock and bring Parker in. If Luke is fit he's best 22, guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    I think the change for this week is simple, rest LRT after that knock and bring Parker in. If Luke is fit he's best 22, guaranteed.

That would be my bet too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast