Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: St Kilda match day thread

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    We looked really flat. Maybe last week took more out of them than we thought.
    I spent the game thinking the same thing. Not only is the trip west known to take things out of a team, the top-of-the-table nature of last week's game probably meant there was a big emotional build up too. It was hard to believe that the fumbling midfield we saw today was the same group of players who were so slick last week. But to play that poorly and still win is a relief.

And while we can be thankful that the Saints missed so many opportunities in the second half, they were lucky to still be in the game at half-time, and that was down to how many we missed in the first half.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I thought the game was kind of fun to watch, I had a nice day. I'm impressed with how hard at it Malceski has been since coming back into the team, I was amazed by the wonder that is JPK and it's fun to call out "TEDDY!" with other members of the crowd whenever he goes near the ball. Hoorah!

I picked up a vege curry with flatbread from the ethiopian spot at the markets next door, that was nice too!
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    Embarking on a 30 hour trip to the US would have been even more annoying had we lost today, so thank you Sydney! Top spot with games against the Suns and Blues, then we're a huge chance to topple Collingwood for the first time in 7 years.

Hawthorn are really the major concern at the moment.
    Have fun!
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffers1984 View Post
    Goodes did the wrong thing and kicked to the wrong end when he won the toss. For some reason we seem to really have great games when we kick to the Randwick End first.
    The Randwick end is clearly the scoring end this season. Don't know why, but it just IS!

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by top40 View Post
    The Randwick end is clearly the scoring end this season. Don't know why, but it just IS!
    Builder's Workers Union has stipulated that they will only pick up 4 balls a qtr.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Awesome win.

Shame about Mummy but good to see LRT there to step up as 2nd ruck. Wonder how TDL would have gone playing 2nd ruck?

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    I picked up a vege curry with flatbread from the ethiopian spot at the markets next door, that was nice too!
    Much better than a flathead Ethiopian from the Vege Curry spot. Strange man that one was.

Well the classic commentary of the day had to go to our own "Air between my ears" Luff when at the start of the game he said " I don't know what they are doing starting Hannerbury off the bench".

To which the other two guys in unison said: "They always start him on the bench!!"

Luff: silence...pause.....then moved on.

Watching that last quarter was like watching a 15 foot putt as it left your Club and was heading towards the cup. First this way then that way.

It was frustrating watching the Swans kick outs in that last bit and everytime it came back. I thought we were gone several times.

Only a few years ago, there was always talk of teams losing after they came back from Perth. This year no one has really mentioned it, but I imagine that the physicality and emotion of last weeks game would have used up alot of energy.

Jetta certainly showed a bit of toughness about him today. Watch out West Coast cheer squad next time.

Very important win especially after Eddiewood and West Coast lost. They were saying it nearly guarrantees at top 4 finish. Maybe too early but atleast we're on the right side of the ledger.

Bring on the sun tan next week.

Primmy I hope the seats were to your approval and if Wardy was there, she didn't upset that Lady who sits to my left.

Its hard having to run the Cypress Junior AFL League especially when it clashes with Swans games.

I thought McVeigh was fantastic, particularly in the first quarter when he seemed to be the only Swan concentrating and making an effort.

Don't under-rate the Saints. They have some issues (thankfully for us Goddard is in shocking form) but they are still a good side.

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    I hope its as much fun on the way out as it was on the way in!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyRayCypress View Post
    Builder's Workers Union has stipulated that they will only pick up 4 balls a qtr.
    Nice work. Actually, I think with the grand-stand down the wind must certainly have been providing some issues at that end today - certainly both teams struggled to kick goals down there.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Again we were challenged by a team with finals aspirations and again we triumphed. Not our best match for the year, sure, but a 5 goal win that put us back on top of the ladder and - even better - it was against St.Kilda!!!

Go Bloods!

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Nice work. Actually, I think with the grand-stand down the wind must certainly have been providing some issues at that end today
    That and Stella after the curry

Now you know the real reason they were missing shots on goal !!!

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast