Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: St Kilda match day thread

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Phew, what a relief! I found that game incredibly nerve wracking to watch and found it impossible to relax - was a pretty scrappy contest with lots of mistakes from both sides, honestly our surge in the last bit of the last quarter was really the difference, the Swans really lifted a gear in the middle when I was not sure if they had it in them. Kennedy back to his best and I don't think we could have done it without Jack. At half-time with Mumford injured I had almost marked this down as the loss we had to have after being up for six weeks, but Pyke stood up in the ruck (can hear Roosy pumping him up in my head as I type this!) and as a result we find ourselves back on top, but deservingly. Can really consolidate a top 4 spot over the next couple of weeks, and then comes the blockbuster against Collingwood. Can't wait!

(PS: I know we play a lot of night matches, but how good was it to have Sunday afternoon footy back at the SCG? I don't mind the occasional 4:30 starts, but day games still provide the better spectacle IMHO. The crowd was awesome today)

Quote Originally Posted by ash3 View Post
    Maybe thats the loss we had to have without having a loss?
    YES! I thought if we were going to lose any game, this would be a good one, keep the boys grounded and at least it wouldn't be against a fellow top 4 contender. But hopefully this serves the same purpose, plus we stay #1, get 4 points and sweet revenge against the Saints.

Happy and I know it
    Excellent result from our team, given that they weren't playing their best game. Didn't give up and kept playing. Four more points.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

On the Rookie List
    Very relieved to get away with that one, saints kicked themselves out of it in the last. Still its 4 valuable points to consolidate top 4 with gold coast next week. As I've said in another thread I think a few players could do with a rest next week, just to freshen up.

Essentially we reversed the result in Round 9, without Mumford for half the game. Not a bad result.

Regular in the Side PerthSwannie's Avatar
    Jeeez...... I normally take my blood pressure tabs at night time but I had to reach for them early today when there was ten mins to go in that last Qtr.
    Even Santa follows the Swannies.

Sure it wasn't pretty - but hey we still won and by 29 PTS - so lets rejoice in that and that we are still coming first! We should beat Gold coast next week and then Carlton the week after - how good is August 11th going to be against the pies??

Blog Entries
    We looked really flat. Maybe last week took more out of them than we thought.

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Goodes did the wrong thing and kicked to the wrong end when he won the toss. For some reason we seem to really have great games when we kick to the Randwick End first.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Fair comment.

Embarking on a 30 hour trip to the US would have been even more annoying had we lost today, so thank you Sydney! Top spot with games against the Suns and Blues, then we're a huge chance to topple Collingwood for the first time in 7 years.

Hawthorn are really the major concern at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Bingo. How often do teams play flat football a week after travelling west. He y we won by 5 goals. lm certainly not complaining
    You Just Do Not Get a Better Grand Final Win Than That

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast