Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 18 V The Suns

Quote Originally Posted by BillyRayCypress View Post
    I'm partial to a few rousing verses of Hare Krishna.

Oops, I've upset the Swans supporting Hare Krishna fraternity now.
    I thought they were all GWS suporters
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    I thought they were all GWS suporters
    Do you think that is why kirky got involved? The lure of the saffron robe?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Not many players in the history of the game average 4 goals a game. Nothing to do with his size.
    Read carefully - I didnt say average 4 goals - i dont know if Plugger even averaged 4 goals, what I said was someone who can regularly (lets say 4 or 5 times a year ) have a four goal plus game. TDL so far is a one goal a game player who will bob up four or five times a year and kick two or three. This may change with time but hes no gorilla forward so he needs more strings to his bow.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyburt View Post
    Do you think that is why kirky got involved? The lure of the saffron robe?
    Nah, I think the lure of building a young team and feeling of contribution to a team effort is the onliest thing on Kirk's mind there
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

He did well against Mcevoy for a half agreed. I just dont think he is ready to ruck against, cox, jolly etc for a whole game with only LRT as resting ruck. That was my point, which has been lost somewhat with long rambling tirades mentioning every reserve player!!

I also rate pyke btw, just think if both mummy and seaby not fit in finals. Pyke would need both white and LRT to take the load
    Am I missing something? Cox and Jolly playing for the Gold Coast?
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    Am I missing something? Cox and Jolly playing for the Gold Coast?
    Yes, you didn't read the previous posts about picking purely against the coasters, or picking a combo with an eye to finals without either seaby or mummy. Well, either that, or u are being obtuse

Yes, you didn't read the previous posts about picking purely against the coasters, or picking a combo with an eye to finals without either seaby or mummy. Well, either that, or u are being obtuse
    Hmmmm....I went back and looked for said posts, to no avail, but given the title of the thread, the discussion is to do with this weeks game, and for some reason you named Cox and Jolly.

I actually thought it was a funny comment, but as I don't know you, I cannot account for your sense of humour.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Agree with that against gold coast.

The problem is match ups against stronger sides. I guess it comes down to whether match committee wants to try out alternatives come finals or picks a side for gold coast alone. We would be too short with that side in finals. Also as good as he has progressed, we cannot go into finals with pyke as our only real ruck, with only LRT as back up.

Imho we either trial pyke/white/LRT as a group or hope seaby or Mumford are available.

Be interesting to see which way they go
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    Hmmmm....I went back and looked for said posts, to no avail, but given the title of the thread, the discussion is to do with this weeks game, and for some reason you named Cox and Jolly.

I actually thought it was a funny comment, but as I don't know you, I cannot account for your sense of humour.
    Help?

Regular in the Side
    Anyone else surprised that we are not resting one or two for a game against the Suns? IMHO this is our strongest team of the year.
    Collingwood are resting Jolly, Sidebottom, O'Brien and Thomas against GWS. I guess Horse must value continuity above all. Which makes me think Everitt may find it difficult to break back into the squad.

Not at all surprised. I think Horse means what he says about not treating this game as a walkover. He knows this team really well - or should, since he's been around them all these years - and hopefully therefore knows something about how their collective mind works. I wonder if he looks at the way we let the Tigers roll us in what should have been an easier game than the one before and believes that this is not a playing group that can play well if they're not mentally switched on for a tough contest. Hard to sell that message if you start resting your strongest players.
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Goes up to 11
    At this stage of this year the Suns are much stronger than GWS and we don't seem to be carrying anyone with niggles anyway. Plus we're playing so well as a team at the moment so making wholesale changes would be tempting fate...

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    At this stage of this year the Suns are much stronger than GWS and we don't seem to be carrying anyone with niggles anyway. Plus we're playing so well as a team at the moment so making wholesale changes would be tempting fate...
    And % is going to be very very important.