Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Crowd Predictions for Sydney vs Collingwood

Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
    Crowd may be affected by the weather in more ways than one.....like myself. Got to Tullamarine on time for my 8:00pm flight to Sydney on Friday night(last night), we finally boarded at 8:45pm, sat on the tarmac for 30 mins when the announcement was made....."All flights to Sydney cancelled due to weather". When I rang back to see when was the next flight they could get me on, they said 6:00pm flight out of Melbourne, landing in Sydney at 7:20pm....on Saturday/game day,which is obviously no good to me. Which means I wont be attending.....and I think a few others(including Collingwood supporters) wont be attending either.

Got credit for my flight to use another day....see you guys, my fellow redandwhiters, in the first weeks of the finals(hopefully)
    Oh Johnno that's awful even taking the precaution of coming up a couple of days before- maybe a road trip . But it is blustery so hopefully the ground will dry out well. Keep warm kids !!

Sorry to hear johnno
    If you arrive at 7:20 you could catch the train from the airport, if you have just carryon you'd be off pretty quickly. You could get to Homebush by 8pm, seated by 8:20 or so! (that walk from the station is deceptively long)

Happy and I know it
    Quote Originally Posted by DamY View Post
    Sorry to hear johnno
    If you arrive at 7:20 you could catch the train from the airport, if you have just carryon you'd be off pretty quickly. You could get to Homebush by 8pm, seated by 8:20 or so! (that walk from the station is deceptively long)
    Why would anyone want to arrive at a game that starts at 7.40pm at 8.20pm?
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    Better late than never.

Despite the wind...which (speaking from a Western Sydneyite) is less than yesterday I am still hoping for 50,000. No Rain in the Kellyville area and appears minimal to none at Homebush. At least in the ground, the coverage from the wind is not too bad.

No excuses...be there people! Go Swannies!
    Swannies for life!

Weather will hurt the crowd. Its like against the gate on FTA tv, and many will say i'd rather sit inside near the fire.

Probably in the mid to low 40,000's I'd say now.

It will be cosy in the pub!

Better to be there for half a game when history is happening than not at all. I missed the first quarter v Hawthorn but was coming down from Sydney and it was the best I could do. I'd already booked tickets and flights and the delay meant I missed a bit of the game. That didn't bother me that much.

Hopefully we'll make history when we beat Collingwood tonight

Was just a suggestion x

No I'll keep the flight credit for a finals game. I'm thinking now maybe a home prelim final rather than the first week of the finals.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Weather will hurt the crowd. Its like against the gate on FTA tv, and many will say i'd rather sit inside near the fire.

Probably in the mid to low 40,000's I'd say now.
    I think that's probably right. Trackwork again today for those coming from the west, too!
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Happy and I know it
    Just tweeted by Jared Crouch:

No excuses @sydneyswans fans blue sky out here today. Wear red and be loud! Twitter / JaredCrouch: No excuses @sydneyswans fans ...
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Just tweeted by Jared Crouch:

No excuses @sydneyswans fans blue sky out here today. Wear red and be loud! Twitter / JaredCrouch: No excuses @sydneyswans fans ...
    Yes there is a bit of blue sky and sun about at the moment, though it's still blustery.

Fingers crossed it settles down a bit later.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast