Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: Sydney Swans VS Gold Coast Suns

Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    Actually, Longmire was asked about this earlier in the year and he said that the club actually liked playing at ANZ. The team has a good record there and it suits our style. He acknowledged that SCG has a better atmosphere but said it didn't really matter to the team.

Of course you would expect coaches (other than Sheedy) to take a diplomatic approach to a question like that.
    Correct, did you also note the comments of ROK and Goodesy? Less diplomatic, ROK in particular

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyburt View Post
    Nope I'm asking why we need to think of hawks game as the big one. Look at the draw of other teams (again). if we win next 3 (including pies) do you think our top 2 chances are high?
    If we win next 3 and lose to Hawthorn, we will probably have to beat Geelong to finish top two. So if you consider the chance of that high, then yes. Otherwise, not so much.

Adelaide have a soft run home, so they are most likely to end up first. Hawthorn are the only team with a higher percentage so we need to get more wins than them. This means either beating them, or beating Geelong. Dropping the game against Collingwood is less serious as if we end up on the same number of wins as them we have a better percentage and will finish ahead of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Not forgetting the Pies at all, I simply meant that the Hawks appear to be THE team so beating a team that looks pretty much invincible ATM would give us great momentum, much like beating the Cats at the Cattery did last year.
    I agree teh Hawks game is the most important from a confidence view, but I really want us to end this 10 game streak the Pies are on against us, just so I can be a smug bugger.
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

If we win next 3 and lose to Hawthorn, we will probably have to beat Geelong to finish top two. So if you consider the chance of that high, then yes. Otherwise, not so much.

Adelaide have a soft run home, so they are most likely to end up first. Hawthorn are the only team with a higher percentage so we need to get more wins than them. This means either beating them, or beating Geelong. Dropping the game against Collingwood is less serious as if we end up on the same number of wins as them we have a better percentage and will finish ahead of them.
    Agree on Adelaide, but your scenario has hawks beating, bombers geelong, us and thd eagles ? Could easily do it but my point is look at the draw. Most top teams bar Adelaide play each other.

Great to get the win - a shame Goodes got hurt towards the end - he was already moving poorly prior to the knock - now everyone will be talking about his injury instead of his lack of form - his set shot kicking was very good - you know he is struggling when he plays for free kicks - has'nt been right for the last couple of weeks.

LRT

Agree on Adelaide, but your scenario has hawks beating, bombers geelong, us and thd eagles ? Could easily do it but my point is look at the draw. Most top teams bar Adelaide play each other.
    True, I'm a bit of a pessimist. I think Bombers and Eagles are pretty much cooked and Hawthorn will beat them. Hawks could easily lose to at least one of Geelong and us though.

It will be a very interesting few weeks, no doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    LRT
    One of the few players I feel confident about taking set shots.
    "My theory is that the universe is made out of stupidity because it's more plentiful than hydrogen" - Frank Zappa

I'm starting to think we play the SCG badly - it's too small. We end up bombing it long into our forward line for little result. It's my favourite ground as a fan because it is close to home and has a great atmosphere, but I think the team plays better on a ground like ANZ, Subi or even Etihad.
    I don't know if we play the SCG "badly", but it doesn't provide the kind of lay-down-misere advantage that's often claimed for it.

I agree with your comments about the other grounds, though. I just wish we could include the MCG on that list.

Correct, did you also note the comments of ROK and Goodesy? Less diplomatic, ROK in particular
    I do remember ROK's outburst before the EF against Carlton in 2010. He came across as petulant. And that game turned into a classic.

With Goodes, he actually said some nice things about ANZ last year, about how the dimensions of the ground helped them prepare for the match against Geelong. Remember? We played St. Kilda at ANZ for a win, then beat Geelong at home the following week.

Cats V Hawks friday night will be an interesting watch if I can tear myself away from the bloody Olympics.

Was it just me or did TDL look pretty ordinary in the GC game?

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast