Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why we should be outright premierhip favourite

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugger1300 View Post
    Only fell in against a undermanned Bombers outfit
    So did we.

No doubt they've had a good draw, but so have the Kangaroos.

They punished Geelong. Beat Carlton before the wheels fell off. Freo are no easy beat.

Their two main forward targets have been in and out of the team all year as well.

I certainly dont want to face Adelaide in the finals. I'd be much happier for a Melbourne team to have the limelight in the leadup.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Why would a Swans Supporter want to meet Pies or Hawks on their home ground. Cats also play there quite a bit so a big advantage to them. The teams who are neutral on that ground for us are Crows, Dockers & Eagles and I think I prefer to play any of them before the Melbourne teams. What's more coming from Sydney we are supposed to have a natural hatered for anything Melbourne anyway
    Eagles would be the best possible draw, but they wont make it that far.

Freo are improving but unlikely to get that far either.

On the whole, I'd be most confident playing Hawthorn in the GF.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    The Adelaide/Sydney quinella is paying $8 on SportsTAB. A bit short for mine. Would probbly get better with corporate bookies or on Betfair.
    12 bucks on Centrebet

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    And this is where having Adelaide is great, because then the grand final is played at a neutral venue, and this is the key for us to have a much better chance of taking "grandfinalist" and raising it to "premier".
    I tend to think in a Swans v Crows GF, we will actually have the crowd behind us and thus defacto home ground advantage ... still many Vics can't stand South Aussies when it comes to AFL.

What a year 2005 SSFC/CFC
    We have had a terrific season, our draw to date has been reasonable, not the toughest, certainly not the easiest, regrettably I think we lack at least a key forward and defender to go deep in September, facing Hawks or Pies at the MCG with LRT and Reid as our forward line is simply not enough, and Grundy needs to play with a lot more poise, unlike when BBBH murdered him in that final. It's true that anyone can beat anyone this year, but in finals we realistically look a player or two and a little experience short. But then again.....
    Sports do not build character. They reveal it....Heywood Broun

I always turn to the sports pages first, which record people's accomplishments. The front page has nothing but man's failures......Earl Warren

more to the point why do the swans have to give up their hone ground advantage in the finals?....no other team does it...when we played finalsin 1996, 2005 & 2006 we played at the SCG....why give that advantage away to play at bloody homebush?...top 2 finish vital for the swans....but let's play at the REAL G!!

Happy and I know it
    Quote Originally Posted by gomobeel View Post
    more to the point why do the swans have to give up their hone ground advantage in the finals?....no other team does it...when we played finalsin 1996, 2005 & 2006 we played at the SCG....why give that advantage away to play at bloody homebush?...top 2 finish vital for the swans....but let's play at the REAL G!!
    Yeah, well it's not going to happen because there are contracts in place. Can we stop going around in circles about this?
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

We don't deserve to be outright favourites because we're still an unknown quantity against the other contenders. A lot has changed since we played them.

If we win on Saturday it proves we deserve to be a close second favourite after Hawthorn. If we lose we're going to have to beat Hawthorn and Geelong to prove ourselves (and hang onto a top two spot).
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    Yeah, well it's not going to happen because there are contracts in place. Can we stop going around in circles about this?
    just joined this site today so didn't realise you'd been doing circle work with this topic....and quite frankly screw the contracts...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gomobeel View Post
    just joined this site today so didn't realise you'd been doing circle work with this topic....and quite frankly screw the contracts...
    Many of us agree, but just have to live with it for now.

welcome to the site gomobeel

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    Eagles would be the best possible draw, but they wont make it that far.

Freo are improving but unlikely to get that far either.

On the whole, I'd be most confident playing Hawthorn in the GF.
    Madness, the only place I want to play Hawthorn is in Sydney in a prelim or 1st final.

Speaking of which, how good would it be if Port got up over the Hawks this weekend. New coach, major bollocking after GWS loss. Happened plenty of times before.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast