Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Brett Kirk joins Freo

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    I'll dig that game out and have a look.
    AnnieH did say she heard the comment from the other side of the ground.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    I'll dig that game out and have a look.
    . Kirky has a uni degree and is a teacher.
    . He has the uncanny knack of remembering who y ou are even if its 12 months from when you last touched base.
    . He really doesn't care what you think about him.
    . He is as tough as old boots.
    . He lights up wherever he is;
    . His team mates, young and old, flock to him whenever he turns up, and virtually wag their tails.
    that'll do me.
    Well said Primmy. Really kind words for Kirky. I reckon if people said the same sorts of things about me I'd be pretty happy with the way I've gone about things....

Senior Player
    Blog Entries

Re: Brett Kirk joins Freo

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Oh, sorry I had it wrong. But you might want to talk to the now-mature but no less carefree Nick about whether he thought he let his team mates down with his conduct at that time. It's nice to see Nick and Roos getting along but then again Roos didn't have to do (or order) dawn ocean swims to atone for Nick's transgressions. That was just self discipline by the rest of the team, led by Kirk, and that discipline gave us the 2005 Premiership.

Ironically, it could have been back-to-back if we hadn't played a team with very different leadership principles in 2006 - so maybe the Eagles' approach was equally successful?
    Interesting to read people's thoughts on this a few years after the event. At the time, I was probably more on the side of Davo and GS14 but knowing what I do now about teamwork and leadership I think Roos/Kirk had it right. Yes they could have done things better but it seems somewhat disingenuous to hold it against them from sticking to the very principles that made the team successful in the first place.

But now we are drifting off topic. It'll be hard to see Kirky with another club, but I do wish him all the best.

I think this is great news.. He is a wasted talent as boundary rider.. I think purple will suit him just fine.. It is a calming colour.. If nothing else, he will teach them how to really celebrate a goal.. I love ya Kirky..

Veterans List
    Anyone else worried that Kirk's hardness and team culture with Freo's talent and Ross' defensive plan may be a big worry for our flag next year?

Senior Player
    Blog Entries

Re: Brett Kirk joins Freo

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Anyone else worried that Kirk's hardness and team culture with Freo's talent and Ross' defensive plan may be a big worry for our flag next year?
    No, bring it on! The more clubs try to emulate us, the more we must be doing something right. We'll just have to stay ahead of the game, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkari View Post
    You mainly see the side of his head on TV when he does the interviews because he ALWAYS looks straight at the person he's speaking to, and couldn't care less about getting his mug on camera.
    Yes, its an endearing trait isn't it Kirkari~!
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Xie Shan View Post
    Interesting to read people's thoughts on this a few years after the event. At the time, I was probably more on the side of Davo and GS14 but knowing what I do now about teamwork and leadership I think Roos/Kirk had it right. Yes they could have done things better but it seems somewhat disingenuous to hold it against them from sticking to the very principles that made the team successful in the first place.

But now we are drifting off topic. It'll be hard to see Kirky with another club, but I do wish him all the best.
    I didn't have a problem with the disciplining of Davo, just that it should NEVER be doine in public, particularly not over the airwaves. No management gurus would ever advocate doing that.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Regular in the Side PerthSwannie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyburt View Post
    Incense sticks much easier to get hold of in Perth.
    Fremantle(town & the council) is full of Greenies so the incense is everywhere. Kirky being into Yoga & Meditation should fit in well.

All that aside, I reckon Kirky is a great addition to Freo and we can only hope they whip WC arse.
    Even Santa follows the Swannies.

Quote Originally Posted by PerthSwannie View Post
    Fremantle(town & the council) is full of Greenies so the incense is everywhere. Kirky being into Yoga & Meditation should fit in well.

All that aside, I reckon Kirky is a great addition to Freo and we can only hope they whip WC arse.
    I reckon he will set up a stand at freo markets. They love some tie dye and bs talk at the markets

Brett Kirk joins Freo

My mate went to Freo to live for a while. Never been the same since. Now he lives in a tent in Port Douglas.

Goes up to 11
    Why does Kirky get maligned for being a little different to your average footy player? Many people have embraced Buddhism, yoga and other alternative approaches to life to great benefit, of which Kirky was a great example. Good on him for embracing techniques that helped him in wringing the absolute most out of himself during his career for us.....

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast