Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: GAME DAY thread Swans v Cats Round 23

Seriously with how we are playing and how Adelaide is playing today. I'm kind of scared to think what will eventuate next week regardless who has the home ground advantage.

Our defence is letting us down today, but they're not alone because when we actually don't make a mistake down there, it's the next kick or decision that is where the deadly turnover occurs (basically we can't get it past the midfield).

Losing Nick Smith has really hurt...it just knocks us off balance a bit. Reid out doesn't help either.

Still, there's a half of football to go. They'll win if they're hungry enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    Losing Nick Smith has really hurt...it just knocks us off balance a bit. Reid out doesn't help either.

Still, there's a half of football to go. They'll win if they're hungry enough.
    Definitely are missing Smith. Armstrong's doing a fantastic job though as a late replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by gossipcom View Post
    Seriously with how we are playing and how Adelaide is playing today. I'm kind of scared to think what will eventuate next week regardless who has the home ground advantage.

Our defence is letting us down today, but they're not alone because when we actually don't make a mistake down there, it's the next kick or decision that is where the deadly turnover occurs (basically we can't get it past the midfield).
    Get a grip...Adelaide are playing Gold Coast...We're playing Geelong...in Geelong
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Walsh and Pyke have 7 of our 11 free kicks against, when the pressure is on and you dont have that instinct that is ingrained over playing years of footy,

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheer_Cheer View Post
    Walsh isn't impressing me much.. I reckon Jessie should have been given a run..
    Not up to it. Waste of a draft pick. Morton anyone? Yep Jessie is better and that is hard to say.

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Well Smith will be back for Grundy next week and Armstrong will get another chance.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Opti-pessi-misti
    According to ABC commentary there was no Swans forward line for most of the quarter. There was no swans player beyond the centre for much of the time and the Geelong backs were rebounding the ball with ease fom the centre line. They can't understand why the Swans are doing this and if they keep doing more of the same they can't win. They contrast this with the way the Swans played the first quarter, totally differently, effectively and well.

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Why all the negativity? This is a hard, hard fought game between two quality teams at a ground that has become a fortress. Both teams are putting on extraordinary pressure and I'm not sure about anyone else here, but I would find it a pretty difficult match in which to play in....
    Nah mate, you would be fine, you could develop a new brand of polite football. The opposite to the hawks

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Not up to it. Waste of a draft pick. Morton anyone? Yep Jessie is better and that is hard to say.
    You better look at the window because the sky is falling !!!!!!!!
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Get a grip...Adelaide are playing Gold Coast...We're playing Geelong...in Geelong
    Um, I've never lost the grip, had it the whole freaking season.

I'm talking in general about decision making. Regardless who you are playing whether it's the bottom team or top team, the silly mistakes like we're doing today aren't pretty to watch and therefore Crows will also make us pay like the Cats have in the first half.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    We are playing some tough opponents - Adelaide aren't.

Sorry to anyone that was expecting a walk in the park v Geelong at the Cattery. We are still in this game up to our necks and I for one think we can still win this.

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast