Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: We're top 4 impostors

We're top 4 impostors

After a display like that, I think we can forget about considering ourselves to be contenders. That was just plain inexcusable.

Anyone who thought we actually were top 4 contenders was either kidding themselves or just not watching our games. We have not put 4 quarters together all year. All of our wins have contained large sections of poor football. With or without Goodes and Mumford, we continue to fumble and make poor decisions which, ultimately, prove costly. We try hard and that wins us a few games, but we're not good enough to challenge for the flag.

Quote Originally Posted by toothy76 View Post
    Anyone who thought we actually were top 4 contenders was either kidding themselves or just not watching our games. We have not put 4 quarters together all year. All of our wins have contained large sections of poor football. With or without Goodes and Mumford, we continue to fumble and make poor decisions which, ultimately, prove costly. We try hard and that wins us a few games, but we're not good enough to challenge for the flag.
    Completely agree. We have played two games of quality for a loss and a win, and in both we were 30 points down at quarter time.

We bat deep in midfield and with rohan, mummy and goodes we have mobility and strength. Without them we are miles from it.

On the Rookie List swans_premiers's Avatar
    We should close shop! Start following rugby!!!

I mean... All the other teams like west coast, adelaide, collingwood, hawthorn, carlton... they havent even lost a game!!!

If only theyd all had @@@@ games where they lost by 50+ points!!! Id feel alot better and maybe its not too early to be so negative and right off finshing top 4 9 rounds into a season. Hmmm if only we were already IN the top 4... Maybe id feel better.

N maybe if we had a couple of absolute gun players missing that are due back.....

Maybe we wouldnt create such negative, premature threads

Lol.

I feel like basil fawlty when his wife thinks he is having an affair with a frenchwoman.

I can only assume that swans premiers and i were watching different games.

Did we win ? I feel a lot better now.

What a terrible nightmare that was seeing around twenty scoring shots to four over 45 minutes or so. Thank god that nightmare is over.

On the Rookie List swans_premiers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbournehammer View Post
    Lol.

I feel like basil fawlty when his wife thinks he is having an affair with a frenchwoman.

I can only assume that swans premiers and i were watching different games.

Did we win ? I feel a lot better now.

What a terrible nightmare that was seeing around twenty scoring shots to four over 45 minutes or so. Thank god that nightmare is over.
    Haha Truth be told i had to listen on radio so couldnt watch it which is maybe why im more optimistic

However at the end of the day weve had 2 bad games out of 9 n our bad games havent been as bad as other top 4 contenders so chin up people!

Too many freaking sooks after a loss lol guess what?? 50% of teams lose every week!! No-one is still without a loss!!! Essendon are the ones to beat and have also suffered losses too!

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?v3es2b

Who are not top 4 pretenders?
    Who will be top 4?
    This season so far has been very even with almost every team turning in sub par performances.
    Our performance so far has been above expectations for the first 5 weeks and below expectations after that.
    Our bad losses are against sides that we have possibly underrated, StKilda and Richmond have both shown good form outside of their games against us.
    Does this make last nights game accpetable? No, but until we have our best 22 on the field we will not play consistent footy and in an even comp expect to see what we saw last night again.
    Does this mean we have no hope? No, this year will show plenty more surprises. With our best 22 I think we can be competitive against anyone.
    I may be delusional, but given the unpredictability of form all over the comp this year and lack of dominance by any one team we are a chance.
    In 2005 we were also rans at this stage of the season.
    I think that after last night there are a few players who need to take a cup of concrete, but there are many more on here who need to do exactly the same thing

I just hope it's not going to be one of those years where we just make up the numbers, win a couple, lose a couple scrape into the eight then get bundled out early. I would prefer not to make the eight then limp in with a mediocre year's performance. The Swans need to go hard every minute of the game. Respect is earned.
    "First understand, then criticize; not the other way round!"

Just one thing Ratna, they had quite a few of their best side out too. All of their ruckmen and we couldn't even win there. Yes all sides this year have had shockers and I agree we are better than that even with the side we had in. I think the tactics were all wrong and it showed. Whereas last week we passed to forward options this week we tended to bomb it in. I don't like the play on and bomb from the kick out it didn't work at all and id so predictable. Our players don't make serious leads as they know this is going to happen and it is the game plan. Get a new game plan for kick outs Horse this one stinks. Our centre set up is also predictable we don't vary it by changing positioning of our own devices. We do change it when we are getting flogged in the clearances but last night that was too late and all the wrong match ups. Watters out-coached and out-foxed Horse last night. Every time Horse reacted to a move Watters was already changing the options and out-flanking him. That was the problem I think, from the second quarter onward our coaching staff were just reactive. They didn't do anything proactive except bring TDL on too late. He wasn't going to be the saviour in that circumstance and should have started. Our players were confused and Watters made sure they stayed that way because he rearranged his mids constantly and and played off the defensive side which he knows is our Achilles heal. Lenny Hayes and Stephens were able to get the ball out of the packs and our players weren't. This was because they had players running in and setting up a block and other players ready to run as soon as they got the pill. Most of our running mids stayed too far from the contest and allowed their players too much space. We got caught out on the one on ones because we don't actually play one on one we play off our opponents in the our forward line line from their kick ins and then man up down the park. This is problematic as it allows them easy first use from a kick out.

What were our players thinking going ball chasing when the opposition had the ball. So many times they out-flanked us because when they had the ball a group of our players would attack the ball carrier leaving up to three of their players free. That is certain death in this game!

Quote Originally Posted by Ratna View Post
    Who are not top 4 pretenders?
    Who will be top 4?
    This season so far has been very even with almost every team turning in sub par performances.
    Our performance so far has been above expectations for the first 5 weeks and below expectations after that.
    Our bad losses are against sides that we have possibly underrated, StKilda and Richmond have both shown good form outside of their games against us.
    Does this make last nights game accpetable? No, but until we have our best 22 on the field we will not play consistent footy and in an even comp expect to see what we saw last night again.
    Does this mean we have no hope? No, this year will show plenty more surprises. With our best 22 I think we can be competitive against anyone.
    I may be delusional, but given the unpredictability of form all over the comp this year and lack of dominance by any one team we are a chance.
    In 2005 we were also rans at this stage of the season.
    I think that after last night there are a few players who need to take a cup of concrete, but there are many more on here who need to do exactly the same thing
    Thank you for not joining the doom and gloomers. We are 6-3 and hopefully we will go into the bye at least 7-4. I can live with that. We played badly last night no doubt, but I certainly dont think it is the end of our season. Buck up people!!!

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar

Wouldn't even make up the numbers

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodmaniac View Post
    I just hope it's not going to be one of those years where we just make up the numbers, win a couple, lose a couple scrape into the eight then get bundled out early. I would prefer not to make the eight then limp in with a mediocre year's performance. The Swans need to go hard every minute of the game. Respect is earned.
    personally I don't think we are good enough to make up the numbers this year. People got carried away by our first five wins but it was purely due to superior fitness levels. Now the other teams have caught up. The Swans need to go hard for every minute of the game because of the lack of talent we have, even O'keefe admitted to that after the game. One piece of good news is that just watching Brisbane / North game and Brisbane tackle like us! Every time a North player gets tackled they always can get a handball or kick away and manage to stick the arm out and brush their opponents aside.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast