Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Home preliminary vs collingwood

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Fremantle knock off the Crows. They were awesome against Geelong.
    I'll be going for Freo, if only to buoy my theory that teams lose the week after playing the Swans.

It worked on Geelong and Collingwood. Hawthorn were oddly resistant to the curse of the Bloods but, as that AFL finals legend, Meatloaf, would say, "two out of three ain't bad."
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

I want the pies in the pre-lim. The time has come. Time to end the drought and move into the GF with guns blazing.

ANZ would go off. The crowd numbers would be much stronger as well.

On the Rookie List
    Cant see coll going out in straight sets, they will find a way to beat the eagles IMO. West Coast had a very, very easy finals opponent in north at home and I think coll will be breathing fire in front of their maniac supporters this week. If we are to play collingwood in the prelim, there would be no better time to end this horrible hoodoo against them and end their season and deny them of another GF birth.

If we don't play Collingwood but do make the Grand Final, you can be sure that Melbourne commentators will dismiss the Swans as having an "easy run into the Grand Final".

Don't really care of it is Eagles or Pies we play (although the Pies will draw a bigger crowd which would be good for the game in Sydney). Think the circumstances will be in our favour either way.

On a separate note. I was astounded that last night Swans were not even mentioned by the AFL 360 crowd (unless they came up in the five minutes I missed - the words "Sydney" or "Swans" were not uttered, not a second of footage shown either).

Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    On a separate note. I was astounded that last night Swans were not even mentioned by the AFL 360 crowd (unless they came up in the five minutes I missed - the words "Sydney" or "Swans" were not uttered, not a second of footage shown either).
    Yep I noticed that also Swansonger, unbelievable! And no, you didn't miss it, I actually rewound it and rewatched it as i thought I must have nodded off and missed something!

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    I've won handsomely over the years following this very rule.....
    Latest odds for this weeks finals AFL and NRL (top 4 losers' odds)
    Manly v Cowboys. Manly $1.91
    Souths v Canberra. Souths $1.42
    Collingwood v WCE. Pies $1.75
    Adelaide v Freo. Crows $1.62

If you put $100 on each match, you'd get back roughly $670 . profit $270
    If there was one upset (you got 3/4), you'd get back around $520. profit $120
    If there were two upsets, you'd get back around $320. Lose $80

Considering its something like only 1 upset in last 40 AFL semi finals, looks good to me.

I'm still a bit worried that Pies and Weagles (being 4 v 5) are just a bit close for comfort.

I will however be loading up on the 2 NRL matches and probably back the Crows as well...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

On the Rookie List

Home preliminary vs collingwood

[QUOTE=On a separate note. I was astounded that last night Swans were not even mentioned by the AFL 360 crowd (unless they came up in the five minutes I missed - the words "Sydney" or "Swans" were not uttered, not a second of footage shown either).[/QUOTE]

I was the same-it was beyond belief. I usually have a lot of time for the show but went down in my estimation last night. You'd think The Dockers were the best footy team ever with the amount of airtime they got.

Still-they can have it. I'm happy not to have a word uttered about us so we can continue to be ignored and keep flying under the radar.
    Regards,

Boro Boy

To be fair, yesterday was rather exceptional for obvious reasons and that took a bit of time away from talking of the weekend games just gone.

Expect not a lot of Swan talk this week, it's not unusual for the teams who have the weeks break to get forgotten in the leadup to week 2. Suits me.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Veteran Site Admin
    To be fair, yesterday was rather exceptional for obvious reasons and that took a bit of time away from talking of the weekend games just gone.

Expect not a lot of Swan talk this week, it's not unusual for the teams who have the weeks break to get forgotten in the leadup to week 2. Suits me.
    I acknowledge that the time to talk about the weekend's games was understandably cut down. But not to even mention one of the 4 - just 4 - games played at the weekend was a strange editing decision IMO. They still managed to find time to ask Bomber Thompson about the Bombers' interest in Goddard, despite knowing that he wasn't going to tell them anything.

I think the focus of FF - and especially AFL 360 - has been frustratingly and irritatingly Vic focussed all year. It is meant to be a national channel, covering the whole competition. Four of this year's finalists this year (including 2 of the top 4) are non-Victorian sides. Four of the 6 teams still remaining are non-Victorian sides. And yet 360 whitters on endlessly about the Victorian teams. Presumably they got Eade and Thompson on as regular guests on a Monday because they are experienced and knowledgable AFL people. And yet the conversation with them every week is about 50% Collingwood related, 45% Essendon related, 4.99% Geelong related and the remainder held over for the other 15 teams. Similarly, I'd love to hear what Sewell and Murphy have to say about games other than those they've played in. Occasionally they discuss with them broad player related topics - far enough and usually interesting - but pretty much all of the rest is about the Hawks and Dogs.

I laugh when I read other clubs' fans complain about the fact that OTC has some ex-Swans on the panel. All that means is that we get around 5% of the show allocated to our game every other week, rather than getting completely ignored as we are on AFL 360.

Insider is slightly better balanced. Dunstall certainly does his best not to dominate the show with talk about the Hawks. But the regular appearances of Eade - again - mean that a disproportionate amount of the show is spent on Collingwood.

Re: Home preliminary vs collingwood

Absolutely. Didnt see a lot of Hawks talk last night either. I get sick of the whinging on this site about the media ignoring us. We get a bloody good run on the Fox shows who have to cover 18 teams. To whinge about last night on a day when they had to cover the tragic events in Vegas is just remarkable.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Goes up to 11
    I must say I didn't really want to hear much footy stuff on those Fox shows last night after the weekends tragedy - I wasn't really in the mood. I did other stuff and watched other shows instead of my usual Monday night Fox footy fix.

Swans talk will ramp up next week for sure.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast