Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gazza

Gazza

Cannot wait for a fit and firing gazza rohan next year! I know this is premature, but where does everyone think his best position is? I would love to see him stack on the kilos and play him out of the square and with his defensive pressure he would be an absolute weapon in the forward line. I also think he can run through the midfield and obviously add that outside run we need.
    LRT. Lord Roberts-Thompson. He may look like the Munster, but looks can be deceiving.

2012 Bloods Premiers.

FF. Could be the perfect foil for Reid

Goes up to 11
    I'd prefer him on a flank or on the wing - however as said in previous posts I wont expect miracles from him next year given his pretty ugly injury. I hope he gets his pace back as he can seriously motor and we should utilise that, once he's back to full fitness and form....

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Between HFF and FF.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Veteran Site Admin
    In the longer term I have hopes he might become our Dangerfield equivalent. He'll probably always be a bit more "outside" than Dangerfield but he is a similar height and has similar pace. Would be good to see him build his tank and his bulk and have him rampaging all around the ground. But it took Dangerfield several off-seasons (and injury set-backs not as bad as Rohan has suffered) to get himself to where he know is. His first few seasons saw him playing more as a medium sized, explosive forward. So that is the kind of role I think we'll see Rohan in for the next season or two.

Just wild about Harry
    Very fast with a good leap and great hands. FF is tailor-made for him.

Feel he will be wasted at FF and he can provide soo much more. Maybe resting forward, but how damaging and entertaining will it be to have Rohan and Jetta streaming towards goal (ie. Rohan goal v Geelong, Jetta GOTY nom)!
    We need a Bradshaw/Cloke type, a burly forward, that can take the one on one marks. It will be perfect for Reid who is more a lead up player but also a good pack mark.
    "In some ways we?re less predictable to ourselves and sometimes that can be detrimental because we don?t really know where we?re going" - P.Roos

Having jetta and rohan in the same side with that speed is amazing. Does anybody know if gazza will lose a bit of speed because of this injury? I bloody hope not!!
    LRT. Lord Roberts-Thompson. He may look like the Munster, but looks can be deceiving.

2012 Bloods Premiers.

Quote Originally Posted by swanspant12 View Post
    Does anybody know if gazza will lose a bit of speed because of this injury?
    I think that's the worry, but depending on recovery etc I've read that there's the potential that he won't lose any speed. I'm quietly optimistic

Quote Originally Posted by bondy View Post
    I think that's the worry, but depending on recovery etc I've read that there's the potential that he won't lose any speed. I'm quietly optimistic
    Rohan will play a similar role as McGlynn or even Jetta. Half forward, rotating through the midfield.

When you look at the forward line of:
    Key position: Reid, Goodes, Resting-ruckman
    Small/mid forward: McGlynn, Rohan, Morton

It doesnt look too bad.

The question is, who is Rohan going to squeeze out ?

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    A relevant story to the Roosters' scenario . . .

Breaking out all over again
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Senior Player
    Nice to see him out training this week. Hope to see him back to 100% next year.

(I linked directly to the image via a Swans Facebook post; will remove if that's a problem)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast