Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Share your Grand Final Pictures and memories

Happy and I know it
    Thank you so much Ugg. I cried.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Warming the Bench
    Many thanks Ugg! I loved watching it on 360 and I'm in tears again now too!!

We (hubby, daughter and I ) went down early Friday morning in time for the parade. Great to see so many red and white fans out and about - moreso than 05 and 06 I thought. Off to breakfast Sat morning with my brother and SIL (converted to AFL by me in 04/05), a steadying frothy at Fed Square and then onto the game. Great seats up high in Q4, row D, and quickly made friends with all the fans nearby and some lovely L@SS members behind us (recognised by the hat!). Three hawks supporters in front, who, by the end of the game, must have been so sick of hearing me screaming in terror every time a Hawk went near the ball. For the last 5 minutes, daughter and I took turns hiding under each other's armpits, while squealing alternatively with terror and delight. Eski's goal and we all go beserk, basking in 40 seconds of anticipated glory, except for infuriatingly calm husband who claps politely.

Singing the song over and over, tears of joy (and exhaustion!!). Off for a well-earned bubbles (or 10) and then onto dinner in laneway, topped by calorie laden cake from Ackland St. Ah, a perfect Melbourne night. Off to Lakeside the next morning (where is Reece Shaw????), some retail therapy and then fly home on the red and white airline (inside and out).

My son didn't get to go (work and other things) so his consolation prize is dinner with his best mate at the championship dinner on Friday night after he graduates in the morning. Trade off for the family dinner instead is lots of piccies and all the goss for Mum!!

Senior Player
    My left paw on the 2012 Premiership Cup at Albert Park. (Moisturiser ? Naahh , I'm just too butch to use it)

Lewis Jetta was holding the other side . It would have been easy to prise it from his grasp.
    Not quite so confident about running away from him if he gave chase , mind you

083.jpg

Senior Player
    Nice cameo , Ugg - thank you !

Spine tingling stuff on 360. Good work Ugg.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Just wild about Harry
    A father daughter memory forever...
    20120929_124542.jpg

Thanks for posting that ugg. I threw it on Tumblr (full credit to you of course) since damn just has to be shared across the board.

Here's another very good little video 'The Director's Cut' with some angles that I haven't seen before, including Jetta's run seen from different angles....

http://bigpondvideo.com/AFL/494808/T...r's%20Cut/
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Warming the Bench Cant turn right's Avatar
    I cashed in on the continual underestimation of the Swans by backing them to win the flag at 31-1 during the pre-season. So thanks to the fact that Melbourne as a whole underestimates the Swans I was able to have my flight, grand final ticket and accomodation all taken care of. The memories of that day will be with me forever and to quote that well know brand of credit card, the experience was priceless. And I don't know where to being to thank this club for the Grand Final memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Here's another very good little video 'The Director's Cut' with some angles that I haven't seen before, including Jetta's run seen from different angles....

http://bigpondvideo.com/AFL/494808/T...r's%20Cut/
    Thx Trips...really enjoyed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cant turn right View Post
    , the experience was priceless. And I don't know where to being to thank this club for the Grand Final memories.
    This
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Re: Share your Grand Final Pictures and memories

We don't want to leave...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast