Page 15 of 463 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast

Thread: Tippett!!

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm all for this depending on what it costs in the trade and ongoing salary cap pressure.

$900k per season is a pretty big cost, if true.

Senior Player
    My hope is the figures being bandied about are the front loaded end of a longer contract.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by R-1 View Post
    My hope is the figures being bandied about are the front loaded end of a longer contract.
    Or include significant performance based elements.

Veterans List
    A super young player, he showed that in the prelim, would be a massive get - but the $ seem quite extraordinary...

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    either way, if he comes to us it wont help to hose down the discussions about our salary cap!
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Or include significant performance based elements.
    Yeah, agree...This is the way to go with Tippett. He's got a long way to go before he can be considered a consistently elite FF.

Plus there is the spectre of ongoing concussion issues

Grundy plus a 2nd or 3rd round pick (possibly gained from a trade of someone like White) would seem a reasonable outcome for both clubs.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    I know many will disagree, but I really don't like the thought of trading Grundy. I know that you have to give up quality to get quality, and Tippett could be a wonderful fit for us, especially if our culture can get the best out of him and turn him into a more consistent performer.

However, our defence was what won us the flag, so at this stage I would rather keep our premiership-winning back six together than get Tippett, but only just, depending on what the deal is. The ability to send LRT back to defence next year might just tip the balance in favour of getting Tippett. The other thing in our favour of course is that Tippett has asked to leave, so we are in a good bargaining position, and it could still be a win-win for both clubs if the right deal can be done.
    Last edited by Xie Shan; 5th October 2012 at 03:55 PM.

I'm fairly confident out recruiting department have the brains to know what to do in regards to Tippett. They know not to pay over's for a bloke who has been concussed several times and comes with a bit of baggage in that regard. They also know we have blokes coming to the pointy ends of their careers and will free up alot of space once they move on. With about 3-4 other players being moved on i think we can afford him, but i wouldnt be giving up too much. On the other hand if this was walker, i'd pay what ever to get him across. Gun.
    LRT. Lord Roberts-Thompson. He may look like the Munster, but looks can be deceiving.

2012 Bloods Premiers.

"be tough, only when it gets tough"

Goes up to 11
    [QUOTE=Xie Shan;594577]I know many will disagree, but I really don't like the thought of trading Grundy. /QUOTE]

You'll get absolutely no disagreement from me on this one....

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Xie Shan View Post
    I know many will disagree, but I really don't like the thought of trading Grundy. I know that you have to give up quality to get quality, and Tippett could be a wonderful fit for us, especially if our culture can get the best out of him and turn him into a more consistent performer.
    I'm sure many Crows fans would agree with you.

hhhmmm we need more strike power up front and AJ could be closer to taking the second tall then we realise

AJ level jumped in the GF

LRT and AJ can easily rotate with Teddy for the 3 tall possies down back
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"