Page 6 of 463 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Tippett!!

I'm not a big fan of tippett and his on going concussion injuries, but you'd have to think with jude maybe finishing up, ROK and Goodesy coming to the pointy ends of their career we could have cap space. If we traded Reg + 1st rounder i wouldn't be too dissapointed.
    LRT. Lord Roberts-Thompson. He may look like the Munster, but looks can be deceiving.

2012 Bloods Premiers.

Mark Stevens
    ?@StevoHeraldSun
    Think Swans will get Tippett .. Murmurs started brewing a week before GF ... Clearly doesn't like city of Adelaide
    LRT. Lord Roberts-Thompson. He may look like the Munster, but looks can be deceiving.

2012 Bloods Premiers.

Dawes was offered to us in the Jolly trade but we wanted Nathan Brown instead. The deal ended up being two picks instead of pick and player.

He is what we are looking for most this trade period, a tall big bodied forward and comes with less baggage and is cheaper than Tippet.

Reports are that he is a very hard worker on the field and the training track but he does lack polish.

I think we could make something of him.

DST

Veterans List
    So if Tippett lobs at Sydney, how do we reorganise the line up?

I reckon he would be permanent FF, Pyke & Mummy will continue to rotate out of a fwd pocket but where does that leave the champ LRT?

Adelaide are one of the best clubs to trade with. Witness the Armstrong/Johnston trade last year and they let the hugely talented Gunston go to the club of his choice Hawthorn for about pick 28 which was under valued.

Still not sure how we get the deal done though.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    So if Tippett lobs at Sydney, how do we reorganise the line up?

I reckon he would be permanent FF, Pyke & Mummy will continue to rotate out of a fwd pocket but where does that leave the champ LRT?

Adelaide are one of the best clubs to trade with. Witness the Armstrong/Johnston trade last year and they let the hugely talented Gunston go to the club of his choice Hawthorn for about pick 28 which was under valued.

Still not sure how we get the deal done though.
    This is perhaps why Grundy's name comes up as part of the deal.
    1. He comes from SA
    2. He goes out and LRT, who loses his place in the forward line to Tippett, takes Grundy's place in the back line.

Warming the Bench
    Ok, call me naive, but unless Reg actually wants to head home, I don't believe he will be part of a trade.

You do not watch you playing group create and adhere to a code such as the 'bloods', only to turn around when the ultimate goal is achieved and say to one of the key players that he is no longer required, if he wants to stay.

I acknowledge that I don't know any more than anyone else here about what this concept involves, but something is definitely there and the club has a stake in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    I've often wondered if we might be keen on Dawes. I know he hasn't had the greatest year in 2012.
    Is this another player whose current club are not getting the most out of him, change in coach not working, role not suiting him?
    Could the Swans get the most out of him? Big body to help out Sam, can take a clunk, a bit of ruck depth, releases Lewie back to defence.
    Dawes is the Collingwood version of Jesse white in one respect, both have become victims of the sub rule which forced the move to have 2nd ruck / FWD. Both played resonably well early as pure forwards but once asked to mix ruck and fwd the wheels fell off. IMHO the problem is trying to develop these guys as rucks and KPP forwards not just resting rucks in the fwd 50 ala 70-80s. Im sure we will now see a new generation of ruck fwds starting to come through who will played this role as juniors but I feel both Dawes and White are victims of this transistion. There was talk collingwood will revert back having Dawes as a KPP fwd only maybe this is why Lynch was recruited to fill 2nd ruck fwd?

Cheers

waz

Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    No I feel sick at the thought of it too. Geez do't get time to enjoy winning before you are put up as a possible trade.
    Every team in the comp will improve next year as im sure we will but we will probably need to bring in a couple of new faces. As in past years I will be suprised if they havent already targeted a couple of mature players to slot in.
    Will be an interesting free agent / trade / draft period.

Cheers

waz

On the Rookie List

Tippett?

Is Kennedy signed up yet?

The dollars being talked about for this guy are astronomical. Surely better to use that money on our core players and reward them accordingly.

Bringing him in on such money would surely come across as a bit of slap to those already on the list. Dawes more potential upside, for less potential angst IMO.

Unless of course Tippett will settle for less money for more likely success. Would be a strange call for him to make though - Crows entitled to feel that they are a reasonable shot at team success in the next few years. And he's been playing them all year indicating he just wants to be closer to family in QLD.

Would also want a pretty thorough medical regarding the concussion issues - one more big knock and he could be done!

Seems that we've offered Tippett a Mil a year. I think he's coming. If Adelaide don't deal with us, he will go to GC for nothing.
    It's on the Herald Sun website, but for some reason cannot copy the URL correctly.

I think it's a big mistake to offer one player so much money. I hope he goes to Gold Coast.

Page 6 of 463 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast