Page 14 of 463 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Tippett!!

Veterans List
    I think our recruiters really know what they are doing. But it's also possible that we get Tippett for just one game - another concussion like his three this year and the doctors may say he can't play again without risking permanent brain damage. That'd be an expensive game - and he was concussed three games in a row (???) this season.

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I hope we do everything possible to remain competitive each and every year. Not just trying to go back to back.
    I want the list to keep turning over in order to give us the maximum opportunity to be in the premiership mix every year.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    I think our recruiters really know what they are doing. But it's also possible that we get Tippett for just one game - another concussion like his three this year and the doctors may say he can't play again without risking permanent brain damage. That'd be an expensive game - and he was concussed three games in a row (???) this season.

there would be something in his contract and any club taking him regarding this would do like wise with a reduced payout fee on his contract if that would be the case..
    the only thing is, he would be the highest paid player at the club...that doesn't sit well with me

If Tippett helps us go back-to-back (at least ) I'm all for getting his signature. Within reason, of course.

Look I'd love to go back to back. But what i really want is to see a team which has been doing what it has year in year out. compete, tackle, never give in. I would be massively reluctant to lose any of our players (and the rumour of parker is about) for this trade at this time. It has been obvious for a number of years that our weakness has been our forward line and tippett could be the solution. but if we lose our hardness at the ball it wont matter what we have in our forward line because what is meant by the club will be lost.

I am not sure tippett improves our hardness at the ball one iota.

Senior Player
    IMO, this thread is a double undervalue.. Look at each high profile free agent, Cloke, Goddard, "you're a dog" Wellingham, Tippett, and each player's form has plummeted the longer their contract saga has continued. The season before last, Tippett was one of the young guns of the competition. From there not only did he seem to be distracted by contract negotiations hanging over his head, but he went from permanent forward, to that second ruck role that became necessary with the sub rule.

Only wind back a few weeks to our game at Simonds Stadium, and it was obvious another forward target was abundantly necessary. Harry Taylor destroyed Goodes, Sammy was triple teamed, and Walsh was MIA. If you bring Tippett into that equation, Goodes can play small, thereby lessening the load on his ageing body, Taylor has a genuine contest on his hands, and the reliance on Sammy isn't as great, thereby allowing him to develop further.

LRT has reminded everyone how good a backman he really is, these last few weeks, and as much as I love Reg, he is definitely tradable. But who's to say that we need to assume that we package Reg and a pick together to get the trade done. I would argue it is the other way round. Reg to Adelaide is worth more to the Crows than Tippett is to us. The Camrys have had a mass exodus of KPPs these last few years, and Reg won't be going anywhere once he gets to Adelaide, he just won a premiership, and was part of the most miserly defence in the league. But we only lose the age gap of Reg and LRT in our backline, where I think Walsh needs to be groomed back, as I don't back his kicking technique.

Tippett and a pick for Reg. Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by penga View Post
    But we only lose the age gap of Reg and LRT in our backline, where I think Walsh needs to be groomed back, as I don't back his kicking technique.

Tippett and a pick for Reg. Why not?
    So you are saying that Walsh would be groomed as the Reg replacement, with LRT holding down the key position defense until Walsh is ready. ?

Quite possibly a good idea. If we get Tipped the search for out next Micky-O is over. So players like Walsh, Spranger, TDL, even Morton are suddenly going to find it a lot harder to get a spot in the starting 22. I think Morton will stay, TDL will be for depth. Walsh probably does have to reinvent himself, and I have no idea where Spranger is at these days.

The funny thing is we've spent 2 years trying to find a forward, and if we get Tipped we will suddenly have an embarrasement of riches.

Lions list manager Robert Kerr told radio SEN on Friday morning that the Sydney Swans appear the favourite to sign Tippett, but said his club hadn?t give up hope in bringing Tippett back to Queensland.

We have a stunning record of getting ir mostly right over the last 10 years.

Good luck to the recruiting department in a very difficult job.

Remember Kurt .... This is Greatness

Adelaide might be more likely to want Johnson (193 cm and 84kg) rather than Grundy (192 and 101kg)...5 or 6 extra years....more talent....more speed. Richards is 192 and 92 kg) LRT is 194 and 92kg....so Johnson is only 8kg away from true KPP backman
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    If we get Tippett, would we abandon our policy of two ruckmen? Or would we get him to "fill-in" in the ruck?
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Regular in the Side
    NO way will we or should we let AJ go..his intercept marks in the GF was critical....REG as much as we love him, seems to eb the likely option and i HATE having to mention our premiership boys in this light...but its a sad fact of staying at the top...and REG does seem to struggle on the big forwards, whereas LRT can handle them brillantly...

Tippet rumour is really gaining some traction, again though i would hate to think he will be our highest paid player, considering he hasn't even BOUGHT IN to our "bloods" ethos yet..maybe backend it more to see how he responds..the one thing though he has got got going for him, is he is pretty damn good kick at goal

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    If we get Tippett, would we abandon our policy of two ruckmen? Or would we get him to "fill-in" in the ruck?
    I think Tippet will take LRT's role in the forward line. (LRT moving to defence). LRT didnt ruck, and Tippet was a better player as an exclusive forward.

Tippet does also give us ruck coverage, so we could get rid of White and Seaby if required. Still having Mummy, Pyke, Tippet, and LRT as ruck division, plus any young junior coming up.