Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goodes laughs in the face of mortality.

Goodes laughs in the face of mortality.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Chief ruckman Shane Mumford reported an improvement in the condition of his hamstring injury, which at one stage threatened to keep him out of the grand final, during which he was substituted. "I haven't felt it for days, it's been pretty good," Mumford said.

Is that another way of saying he's been smashed for a week?
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

I dont think Mummy would have felt anything for days let alone his hamstring

Not so sure. I was a bit surprised to see that although a certain amount of beer was being consumed, there appeared to be a LOT of bottled water around. Mumms didn't look too dusty at all!! Maybe they were told to stay relatively sober, because being drunk would dull the memory of the events.....ok just a thought. Also the injured ones usually stay off the juice (or are supposed to).
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by satchmopugdog View Post
    I dont think Mummy would have felt anything for days let alone his hamstring
    He looked like he was struggling at the SCG.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Be interesting to see where Goodes plays in 2013.

You'd think at 32, he would only be cameo's at best in the midfield, and to be honest he's been not exactly a star at half forward.

Do others think he will adopt the permanent deep full forward role Mickey O did in 04-06 ?

With Tippett coming in I think Goodes will play his usual rover role as he did in finals. At some point he will become a super sub, and may be able to do this for quite a number of years if he doesn't sustain any serious injuries. He would make an incredible impact player coming in late in the game.

I am predicting he will break Michael Tuck's all time game record when he's 39.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    With Tippett coming in I think Goodes will play his usual rover role as he did in finals. At some point he will become a super sub, and may be able to do this for quite a number of years if he doesn't sustain any serious injuries. He would make an incredible impact player coming in late in the game.

Ullo!!! What do you mean when! Do you know something? If so take your predictions over to the Tippett thread, it needs a bit of livening up.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post

I recall Primmy saying (last year I think) that we would build a ramp for Goodesy's wheelchair at the SCG when it became necessary to get him on to the ground so he could play as long as he wanted. After his super-human effort on one leg in the GF I totally support that idea!

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    After his super-human effort on one leg in the GF I totally support that idea!
    I'm a bit puzzled by the whole thing, why isn't he having a pose-season operation to fix the acl damage? Surely he's not planning to start season 2013 on one leg?
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Goodes laughs in the face of mortality.

I thought it was his PCL ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    I'm a bit puzzled by the whole thing, why isn't he having a pose-season operation to fix the pcl damage? Surely he's not planning to start season 2013 on one leg?
    Unless they are completely severed the can heal themselves....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast