Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans & Gaints lose stand alone first round game and other 2013 fixture discussion

Happy and I know it
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    I bloody hate Friday nights. Now we've got 2 of them. Not happy but i'll just have to grin and bear it I guess.
    +1
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Round 23 being the last round is the floating round and if both teams make the 8 as expected, it'll most likely be a Sat arvo game? #lookingwaytoofarahead
    If either us or Hawks are likely Minor Premiers it is a huge chance to be on Friday night, especially after all the belly aching around 7 day breaks this year.

Sounds like a 3rd Friday night game will go down real well in RWOland....lol
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    I know some don't like ANZ, but being at home (as in Sydney) for Rd 23, against a quality opponent which proved a good lead in to finals this year plus getting a practice run at ANZ where hopefully we will be playing a final or two makes that just about the best possible scenario, imo. If we must play our contracted matches at ANZ, it's a good time to do it...
    Fair point.

Not for everyone they're not.
    Clubs ask for them in their preferences. They are the big games, they give the club heaps in tv and other advertising. People's personal circumstances should not matter.

LOVE the Friday night games. Good for the club, the fans, the profile and the national audience.

As for the 4 games above, we'll win at least 3 of them. It'd be nice to have a year without having to go to Geelong though, so I'm hoping the game up here is the only time we play them.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by swanspant12 View Post
    So far we know:

Hawthorn vs Sydney : MCG
    Sydney vs Hawthorn: ANZ
    Sydney vs Geelong : SCG
    Sydney vs Carlton : SCG
    and St Kilda Anzac Day in NZ. I wonder if "karma" will pay us back for all the nasty sheep jokes on this site recently.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Round 23 being the last round is the floating round and if both teams make the 8 as expected, it'll most likely be a Sat arvo game? #lookingwaytoofarahead
    It will be a great farewell to Homebush too. Maybe

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    and St Kilda Anzac Day in NZ. I wonder if "karma" will pay us back for all the nasty sheep jokes on this site recently.
    Haha, good point! Regardless of whether he's cracked the team or not, for his own safety, Lamb should stay in Sydney that weekend.

Re: 2013 draw

Friday nights might be great for the club and as I've said I'll grin and bear it because of it but they're are a bloody pain in the arse for me to get to and I'm not the only one I can tell you.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by swansrob View Post
    Haha, good point! Regardless of whether he's cracked the team or not, for his own safety, Lamb should stay in Sydney that weekend.
    Yep we'll have to make sure we leave the Ugg boots at home for that trip.

Friday nights might be great for the club and as I've said I'll grin and bear it because of it but they're are a bloody pain in the arse for me to get to and I'm not the only one I can tell you.
    Might need to be a couple of "sickies" coming up Al?

I hate Friday nights. bugger. Stuffs everything up. sigh. noone listens to me....
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast