Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Swans' Draft Selections / potential FA pick-ups

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Jesse Lonergan:Midfielder with all the tools. Would be too good to pass up if available.
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyBloods View Post
    I'll keep a special eye out for Spencer White ...
    There's something ominous about this combination.

I really want to see us add polish/silk to the midfield....if I could pick any player in the AFL right now for the Swans it would be Mitchell, followed by Burgoyne and Dal Santo (a year or two back). That's the type we don't have and haven't had in my time watching the Swans...beautiful users in traffic who get the ball out not by little handballs or quick kicks. We lost the centre clearances 21 to 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In the GF. i know that a lot of that was Sewell as well, so the player I want is Broomhead....check out his video.
    Jonathan O'Rourke and Nathan Hrovat are the others but they will be gone....high possession, elite skills by foot - now that's what I'm talking about!

But really like the look of Membrey too.....or possibly Ben Kennedy.....or Jackson Macrae

See Kevin Sheehan's top 30 here... http://mm.afl.com.au/Portals/0/2012/...op-30-2012.pdf
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Quote Originally Posted by sharp9 View Post
    I want is Broomhead....check out his video.
    Jonathan O'Rourke and Nathan Hrovat are the others but they will be gone....high possession, elite skills by foot - now that's what I'm talking about!

But really like the look of Membrey too.....or possibly Ben Kennedy.....or Jackson Macrae
    I like Broomhead, but I think there will be better choices at pick 23 and he'll probably be gone by pick 40, but if he's still around at our second pick, I would take him. Looks very versatile.

Membrey a slight chance of being available, but the rest likely to be gone by pick 23.

Opti-pessi-misti
    Foxtel/Telegraph top 30 Phantom draft has given us tall forward Aiden Corr. Jaksch, O'Brien, Clurey, Membury, Lonergan, Colquhoun already taken. Hmmmmm .......

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sharp9....any player in the AFL who is good in traffic and silky........I would have thought Pendlebury. Head and shoulders above Mitchell, Burgoyne and Dal Santo.

It's nice that we are in a position to take the best available player as we don't have any glaring weaknesses, especially if we think that Tippett will be coming our way. Some pundits are seeing Ben Kennedy slipping down the order, which would be a good pickup as well. Aiden Corr wouldn't be bad either. The thing is that there will be a few very good players to choose from even at our lowly 1st pick.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar

Tougher than `09?

We have 7 picks after we elevated Harry, http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsartic...7/default.aspx
    I don't think we've ever had that many picks, we customarily take only 3 or 4. The only parallel was the '09 renovation where we had picks 6, 14, 38, 54 & 55, this time we have picks 23, 45, 47, 66, 67 & 96.
    Deep draft or no, finding the next Rohan, Jetta and Reid in that lot will be a huge challenge for Kinnear. Especially after the DirtyKurt debacle meant there was going to be no next McGlynn, Kennedy, Seaby and Mummy.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyBloods View Post
    Sharp9....any player in the AFL who is good in traffic and silky........I would have thought Pendlebury. Head and shoulders above Mitchell, Burgoyne and Dal Santo.
    Yes you are right....think I mentioned him on some other unmentionable site that I replied to....my bad
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    We have 7 picks after we elevated Harry, http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsartic...7/default.aspx
    I don't think we've ever had that many picks, we customarily take only 3 or 4. The only parallel was the '09 renovation where we had picks 6, 14, 38, 54 & 55, this time we have picks 23, 45, 47, 66, 67 & 96.
    Deep draft or no, finding the next Rohan, Jetta and Reid in that lot will be a huge challenge for Kinnear. Especially after the DirtyKurt debacle meant there was going to be no next McGlynn, Kennedy, Seaby and Mummy.
    We also have pick 104....107 will be used on Harry (According to draft list on afl.com)

But I guess you left it out 'cos we will being using that in the Pre-Season Draft, no? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by swansrob View Post
    Would we use one of those picks to elevate Cunningham?
    Harry will be promoted with pick 103 probably as he is a our Rookie no other team can undercut us. The club has already said they are promoting him and retaining Biggs.

I'd like us to get some young tall key defenders as next year Teddy is 30, Reg 27, LRT 30 and we also need a young rookie ruckman or two in the Rookie Draft, maybe one in the main draft, as Pykie is 30 too and no Seabs next year.