Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans' Draft Selections / potential FA pick-ups

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Swans' Draft Selections / potential FA pick-ups

With the picks now known:

The Swans conclude the trade period with five National Draft selections inside the top 70 including 23, 45, 47, 66 and 67.

Does anyone have any idea who we would be looking at?
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    would we only use 4 if Tippett is still in the picture? Either through free agency or PSD?
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

"be tough, only when it gets tough"

Senior Player
    Would we use one of those picks to elevate Cunningham?

Quote Originally Posted by swansrob View Post
    Would we use one of those picks to elevate Cunningham?
    Harry will be promoted with pick 103 probably as he is a our Rookie no other team can undercut us. The club has already said they are promoting him and retaining Biggs.

Considering where the picks are and the cleanout I'd expect the priority to by KP and ruck development projects, just looking at the players available and comments:

Mason Shaw (WA ? KPF)
    Height: 197cm, Weight: 82kg, DOB: 15/01/1994

Kristian Jaksch (VIC ? KPF/KPD)
    Height: 194cm, Weight: 85kg, DOB: 07/10/1994

Jake Stringer (VIC - Util)
    Height: 191cm, Weight: 91kg, DOB: 25/04/1994

Alot of the mock drafts have us picking up a hard in and under midfielder....can't see that happening.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    Considering where the picks are and the cleanout I'd expect the priority to by KP and ruck development projects....
    I reckon we've learnt our lesson re ruck projects and I doubt we'd use a pick, even a late pick. Adding to that, the young fella Naismith who ran around as a toppie for few ressies games showed enough promise to be given a rookie chance as a ruck project imo.

Key position, no doubt...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    I reckon we've learnt our lesson re ruck projects and I doubt we'd use a pick, even a late pick.
    You mean we've learnt our lesson with Pyke, or we've learnt our lesson with Doyle?

I agree with the Naismith comment, by all accounts will be worthwhile...and Starling as noted. Still ruck projects though. With Seaby gone and White looking around someone has to ruck in the ressies! Who else is there? Everitt?!?

Can someone with the power fix the thread title??? Thanks.

You mean we've learnt our lesson with Pyke, or we've learnt our lesson with Doyle?
    I was actually thinking of Currie when I posted that. Reasonably high draft pick (2nd Rd?) and after 5 years we just went out and got Seaby/Mumford for similar picks when Currie wasn't getting hot. Unless they are just stand outs, drafting ruckman in the first few rounds is just too much of a long term investment...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    I was actually thinking of Currie when I posted that. Reasonably high draft pick (2nd Rd?) and after 5 years we just went out and got Seaby/Mumford for similar picks when Currie wasn't getting hot. Unless they are just stand outs, drafting ruckman in the first few rounds is just too much of a long term investment...
    I thought of Currie first too, but the others were more clear cut.

Currie is an interesting one. By all reports seems to be doing well in the SANFL and may be re-rookied.

I agree it takes a long time for the majority of ruckman to physically develop, but for them to eventually become an AFL footballer they have to be shown how to train, what to eat, and what is required of an AFL footballer, so when they get right physically they are ready mentally.

It'll be interesting to see if he gets rookied.

I agree with the Naismith comment, by all accounts will be worthwhile...and Starling as noted. Still ruck projects though. With Seaby gone and White looking around someone has to ruck in the ressies! Who else is there? Everitt?!?
    Both of them will give Steve Taubert something to work with. Its probably time we had a Taubert appreciation thread. The bloke is a pure genius!

Can someone with the power fix the thread title??? Thanks.
    I'm a bit confused. Starling is 196cm and most ruckmen in out game start at 198cm now. A few years ago he would have been a shoo in for the ruck. I see a guy 196cm & 93 kg as a good KPP prospect. But if he has a leap like everyone is saying maybe he could play ruck but would be expending a lot more energy than other players in the ruck. Ask Goodsie what it is like to jump against blokes who you give 4 to 6cm height to all the time.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast