Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Fixture

Even tho the game against Melbourne seems a little underwhelming, that weekend (first weekend in July) looks to be a beauty for Sydney based fans who like to go to as many matches as possible when taking the trip to Melbourne to watch the Swans. I usually attend as many games as possible when I go down and they are usually very enjoyable when you are not emotionally compromised as you are when the Swans are playing. Just watching both sets of supporters go about their work is often hilarious.

Fri Night - Carlton v Collingwood at MCG
    Sat Arvo - Norf v Richmond at Etihad
    Sat night - Geelong v Hawthorn at MCG
    Sun early game - Swans v Melbourne at MCG

Fly down at your leisure on Friday and back on a dinner time flight on Sunday...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Even tho the game against Melbourne seems a little underwhelming, that weekend (first weekend in July) looks to be a beauty for Sydney based fans who like to go to as many matches as possible when taking the trip to Melbourne to watch the Swans. I usually attend as many games as possible when I go down and they are usually very enjoyable when you are not emotionally compromised as you are when the Swans are playing. Just watching both sets of supporters go about their work is often hilarious.

Fri Night - Carlton v Collingwood at MCG
    Sat Arvo - Norf v Richmond at Etihad
    Sat night - Geelong v Hawthorn at MCG
    Sun early game - Swans v Melbourne at MCG

Fly down at your leisure on Friday and back on a dinner time flight on Sunday...
    It is a very good line up that weekend. I'm not sure I'd be too popular with the other half if I suggested we go to Melbourne for a weekend on the proviso of going to 4 afl games though. I've convinced her to go to her first live game next year, so I'm working on it, but such a scenario is a few season's off yet for me.

Oh and Richmond supporters are hilarious to watch! At Richmond vs Freo this year at the G, I was sure this one crazy guy was going to have a heart attack. He was going absolutely mental up the back of the great southern stand. Absolutely hilarious to watch.

Blog Entries
    Melb Silver which will get me to one game at ES is $115.
    or I can go $75 just to keep my name on the books, and pay for a game at ES (2012- $24.15 for Lvl 3).

Decisions, decisions.

I will retain my afl platinum despite the fact that it is of little practical benefit and there has only been a $5 reduction. In part it is just a consequence of being so proud to have followed them last year and being at the G on that last day in september. But I have no doubt that the club has gouged us as a consequence - which is pretty disappointing since I travelled to adelaide, sydney and then back to melb for the finals and have spent a ridiculous amount on premiership memorabilia - and expect to do even more come the new season. more fool me i guess.

I do feel pretty disappointed in the AFL Commission - and my own view is that the Lions and the Swans should actually be making a really strong joint submission about these issues to maintain their legacy groups. A failure to do so reflects really poorly on both - and if you want to see white hot anger have a look at the lions forum on this stuff on their BF page. The club does need to make a stand on some of these matters and not just pay lip service to it. The draw is so ridiculously compromised anyway that not insisting on the maximum number of melbourne games is a way to seriously disenfranchise a really large segment of their supporters. After all our melbourne membership is somewhere between 1/5 and 1/3 of our total members (as I recollect)

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbournehammer View Post
    ... I do feel pretty disappointed in the AFL Commission - and my own view is that the Lions and the Swans should actually be making a really strong joint submission about these issues to maintain their legacy groups. ...
    I think that's where the problem lies. Let Melbourne clubs play each other in exotic locations; why should we be hit twice in one season?
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Regular in the Side
    I wouldn't mind the $10 only reduction in membership if the club guaranteed that there would not be an increase next year if they get the extra game back. But I am sure there will be a fair size increase and they will justify it by saying there is an extra game. They are arrogant as they won this year and think supporters will pay whatever they ask. I hope a lot of Melbourne supporters don't renew and that the message gets through to the club that we are sick of being treated disdainfully. I will only renew as the entry to the 3 games in Sydney makes it worth my while.
    ---------||--ANNE--||----------

Senior Player
    Is it possible that with the blockbuster fixtures agast Hawthorn and Collingwood, instead of say Carlton and St Kilda and Richmond, that we've had to pay more to other clubs/the AFL per game to get our members guaranteed entry to these games? Would the big MCG games maybe cost more than Etihad games?

Regular in the Side
    Just received the package on line. What a joke a reduction of $10 on the gold Victorian M/ship from $170 and we had to pay an extra $25 to get a seat at ETIHAD and heaven know how much to get a seat at Geelong. My family will look seriously at this, no winners here and I agree with earlier post re BL and Swans both loosing games. I feel that this will cause problems fror swans and lions memberships. Its cheaper for us to just pay at the gate particularly at MCG except perhaps for Pies game we will still get a good position at the g. I have sent an email back to Andrew Ireland and the club.

Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    Just received the package on line. What a joke a reduction of $10 on the gold Victorian M/ship from $170 and we had to pay an extra $25 to get a seat at ETIHAD and heaven know how much to get a seat at Geelong. My family will look seriously at this, no winners here and I agree with earlier post re BL and Swans both loosing games. I feel that this will cause problems fror swans and lions memberships. Its cheaper for us to just pay at the gate particularly at MCG except perhaps for Pies game we will still get a good position at the g. I have sent an email back to Andrew Ireland and the club.
    Yeah. I'm doing the sums. Because her-indoors (non-member) came to several games last year and seemed to enjoy it, so I expect she will come to some games next year as well. Therefore, the Full Blooded Gold family package now looks relatively attractive. Far cheaper than two adult and three junior memberships even with a Premiership Club upgrade for myself.

Is it not strange that Swans play in Adelaide twice?! I know Collingwood played in NSW twice, but hrmm interesting maybe if one of those games could have been played in NSW and switched of the home games for an away game in Melbourne, ppl would have been happier.

Anyways I'm fine with the schedule

Long Term Injury List
    Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    Its cheaper for us to just pay at the gate particularly at MCG except perhaps for Pies game we will still get a good position at the g. I have sent an email back to Andrew Ireland and the club.
    While it is cheaper to go this way, and to purchase Swans merchandise at other outlets, there is no way known one cent of my money is going towards any of the other clubs (especially Collingwood). I will continue to pay my membership, and buy merchandise from the club. I went through losing South Melbourne because not enough people backed them financially and I am not about to be a part of the same thing happening to Sydney.

Quote Originally Posted by baskin View Post
    While it is cheaper to go this way, and to purchase Swans merchandise at other outlets, there is no way known one cent of my money is going towards any of the other clubs (especially Collingwood). I will continue to pay my membership, and buy merchandise from the club. I went through losing South Melbourne because not enough people backed them financially and I am not about to be a part of the same thing happening to Sydney.
    Good on you..that's the attitude
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast