Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Rookie draft / pre-season draft

Rookie draft / pre-season draft

Swans' family push

Some more Brandon Jack, Xavier Richards and KURT Tippett talk (no mention of Joel!)

I really hope we recruit Brandon. Never seen him play, so it is just the romance of it

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Reggi View Post
    I really hope we recruit Brandon. Never seen him play, so it is just the romance of it
    x 2 - I reckon we could make something of him....

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Reggi View Post
    The way our list is at present, barring a bad injury run, we've got the time to invest in Brandon (and Xavier too) as we don't desperately need him to step up in 2013. He's got speed and no doubt the Jack family toughness and he won't be a "go home" candidate!

I'll be hugely disappointed if we don't rookie him as we can take up to five rookies next Tuesday. Take all three brothers, Brandon, Xavier and Joel :-)

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    The way our list is at present, barring a bad injury run, we've got the time to invest in Brandon (and Xavier too) as we don't desperately need him to step up in 2013. He's got speed and no doubt the Jack family toughness and he won't be a "go home" candidate!

I'll be hugely disappointed if we don't rookie him as we can take up to five rookies next Tuesday. Take all three brothers, Brandon, Xavier and Joel :-)
    I reckon they'll take Naismith, he's been training with the rucks all year and by the looks of things they'll take Devon Rampe too. I am expecting at least 1 curveball though.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post

We can actually take as many as 8 rookies if the club wants (and they choose to keep the senior list at 38). We can have six Cat A rookies and up to 3 Cat B. Biggs already has one of those spots, which leaves eight available. And of those, one is already committed to Robinson (but we still have to draft him) and possibly another for Starling, if he's coming.

That said, the club has chosen to keep its list size pretty constant at 44 over recent years, which suggests there could be just three live spots up for grabs.

I read somewhere that Tippett has decided to stay in Adelaide (Joel, not Kurt) and hasn't nominated for the draft.

Rampe is an interesting one

has that real Swans hardness about him and some good speed........obviously behind in total ability just now but he could be a bolter like a K Jack in years to come ?
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quick Question

If I am a kid in Sydney and I want to play for the Swans...........

a) I need to love in the Eastern Suburbs or North Shore and or Northern Beaches to attend Swans Academies as these are the specified swans regions ?

b) I can grow up outside of sydney or in the West or South but would need to put down my address as per the above regions

ie if I lived in the Blue Mtns but didnt want to play for GWS I could easily do my final year of school then move to the inner city to live and attend Sydney Uni and then go for the draft the year after ie at 19yrs of age?

Senior Player
    Pretty sure you can love in any suburb you want and still be a Swan.

ooooppppssss IGNORE B.)

IT WAS MORE A QUESTION AROUND THE ACADEMIES

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Quick Question

a) I need to love in the Eastern Suburbs or North Shore and or Northern Beaches to attend Swans Academies as these are the specified swans regions ?

b) I can grow up outside of sydney or in the West or South but would need to put down my address as per the above regions

ie if I lived in the Blue Mtns but didnt want to play for GWS I could easily do my final year of school then move to the inner city to live and attend Sydney Uni and then go for the draft the year after ie at 19yrs of age?
    According to AFL rules, ACADEMY TAMPERING is a very serious offence and subject to $50,000 fine, up to 12 months suspension, and 2 years banishment to Afghanistan or even Adelaide.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Quick Question

You can't just move to suit yourself. There have been rules in place forever stopping this. As if they would fall for the old false address trick. From what I understand the only legitimate change of address is where the family moves as a unit. I heard a story some years ago where a player was not looking like getting a guernsey with a TAC Cup club at 17 (bottom age), so dad, thinking his son was the next superstar moved home to qualify with another club. I believe he made the squad but alas was not good enough.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast