Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JPK12

JPK12

Josh Kennedy, what can you fault him on? He is almost the perfect footballer, if he continues to improve its going to be scary for other clubs.
    Number 1 last season in Clearances, contested possessions and handballs.
    Also had 30 odd goals for the year, took marks down back.
    What can't this guy do?
    I hope we have enough room to pay this guy as much as he wants, he is a genuine superstar! I wouldn't be surprised if he won the next 3 brownlows.

Quote Originally Posted by jetts32 View Post
    Josh Kennedy, what can you fault him on? He is almost the perfect footballer, if he continues to improve its going to be scary for other clubs.
    Number 1 last season in Clearances, contested possessions and handballs.
    Also had 30 odd goals for the year, took marks down back.
    What can't this guy do?
    I hope we have enough room to pay this guy as much as he wants, he is a genuine superstar! I wouldn't be surprised if he won the next 3 brownlows.
    Nothing on telly last night so I watched the Grand Final again. His goals very early in the 2nd and 3rd quarters were classic examples of the man who can do everything.

Exactly! He was very unlucky not to have 3 goals with one hitting the post, he started the comeback for us within seconds of the start if the 2nd quarter, he lifts for the big moments. The great thing about the grand final is he didn't have his best game by any matter, but he stills lifted for the times we needed someone and got 26 disposals and 2 goals 1. I'm not saying he had a bad game, but I'm saying his average game is still a great game compared to a lot of players! He's a freak! Future captain in my opinion!

JPK12

I wonder why he isn't in the leadership group. I know leadership skills and playing skills are separate, but I guess there's no harm in him focusing on his craft and tearing up midfields.

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    Out of contract next year which is scary considering all the possible rumour mills going crazy. Let's hope we can snap him up long term quickly.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

JPK12

He'll definitely have a lot more bargaining power. I reckon Hawthorn will make a play for him, taking the whole prodigal son tactic. We gotta retain him though

I have said before that it is probably inevitable that Kennedy will one day return to the Hawks but I would be surprised if it is at his next contract. His price is obviously going to be high during the coming negotiations. I think the Swans should sign him to a long deal which will leave the option open to trade him (to the club of his choosing for a 2nd round draft pick, perhaps ) if he wants, before he becomes a free agent.

We will be relying heavily on our list management skills to keep this team together as best as possible.

Of course, the ideal scenario would be to farewell him in red and white after a 250-plus game career with us but surely the Hawks family pull will drag him back to Melbourne before then. I for one would not begrudge him that.

Not sure if Hawthown will be able to afford to make a play for him this time around as they'll have some contractual issues of their own, particularly one L. Franklin. I reckon we'll re-sign him fairly early in the 2013 season. No way would we be going after KT without having enough available for JPK. It's probably another reason we delisted so many squad players at the end of the year. 2013 will be Jude's last year too, but his salary is probably partly covered on the veteran's list.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    I have said before that it is probably inevitable that Kennedy will one day return to the Hawks but I would be surprised if it is at his next contract. His price is obviously going to be high during the coming negotiations. I think the Swans should sign him to a long deal which will leave the option open to trade him (to the club of his choosing for a 2nd round draft pick, perhaps ) if he wants, before he becomes a free agent.

We will be relying heavily on our list management skills to keep this team together as best as possible.

Of course, the ideal scenario would be to farewell him in red and white after a 250-plus game career with us but surely the Hawks family pull will drag him back to Melbourne before then. I for one would not begrudge him that.
    The issue for the Hawks probably hasn't changed that much at the moment. I think they will continue to back sewell, lewis, mitchell and hodge to play footy inside. Not easy with that midfield to deal with kennedy as well. But i think mitchell might lose his relatively little pace pretty quickly like kirky did which would make him maybe three seasons away ? But in any case it was the most fantastic trade for us and for him.

I hope we keep him forever - i remember saying to some friends after his first year with us that he would be the better josh kennedy - and they were flabbergasted

If he agreed to a contract extension and went back on fair terms i think you couldn't begrudge him that - but i would love him to sign with us long term.

Looks like the club has started a genetic splicing program to cover his loss.

There is a picture of a guy called "Josh Longmire" on the Swans site.
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffers1984 View Post
    Out of contract next year which is scary considering all the possible rumour mills going crazy. Let's hope we can snap him up long term quickly.
    He'll stay. As if they hadn't factored into the Tippett deal Kennedy's contract status. Besides Jude retires at the end of the season so some of salary will be redirected to JK's back account. Simple stroke of the keyboard.

JPK12

I'd be spewing if he went bak to the hawks. He's a swan, and a bloody great one at that ! A premiership hero! What's he got at the hawks, a family legacy, but nothing of his own. He's got his own Kennedy legacy now , and that's in red and white!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast