Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A gripping story

Does that mean the AFL also bans RESIN powder/gels that players have used for 50+ years to make their hands sticky. Some players use gloves, others use chemicals. No big deal.

Goes up to 11
    I don't mind the gloves - there's a bit of an ongoing issue with them in the NFL at the moment too - they're pretty much standard issue with wide receivers these days - if they catch more passes, surely that's good for the game overall???

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    "How can it be an unfair advantage if everyone can wear them? That's a choice."

Exactly.
    I agree BUT ... to be the devil's advocate ... it's not dissimilar to the fast swim suits. Anyone could wear them (sponsor &/or funding permitting) but they were banned anyway & all records wearing the suits erased.

Quote Originally Posted by sfan View Post
    Does that mean the AFL also bans RESIN powder/gels that players have used for 50+ years to make their hands sticky. Some players use gloves, others use chemicals. No big deal.
    LoL! Players at the SANFL level used a product called "Grippo"
    :: Henselite - Leaders in lawn bowls, clothing and accessories worldwide ::

How can this be more acceptable than gloves?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Like strapping on a knee, pain killing injections, headgear etc etc

All the AFL have to so is sanction what gloves can be worn for protection and ban the ones designed specifically for grip.
    From what I read that is what they have done....It's only certain brands of gloves, which tested to be a clear advantage, that were banned.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Sweet home Novacastria
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    LoL! Players at the SANFL level used a product called "Grippo"
    :: Henselite - Leaders in lawn bowls, clothing and accessories worldwide ::

How can this be more acceptable than gloves?
    I remember as a kid my dads team using grippo too. Pretty much standard issue back in the 80's!

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    From what I read that is what they have done....It's only certain brands of gloves, which tested to be a clear advantage, that were banned.
    So the gloves that give an advantage are banned but you can still wear gloves that dont give an advantage?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12