Thread: LRT is Godzilla

LRT is Godzilla

Apart from being a contender for worst metaphor of the year, this poses the interesting question of how we use our many talls.

Monster challenge in store for Lewis Roberts-Thomson's opponents - AFL.com.au

Godzilla's arch nemesis, Ghidorah arrives on earth via a meteorite and immediately begins laying waste to Tokyo and throwing down a challenge to the iconic Japanese character.

In 2013, Sydney Swans coach John Longmire is set to introduce his own three-headed monster onto the AFL landscape - Lewis Roberts-Thomson.
    That's so bad I'm starting to like it.

Godzilla's next victim - a Canadian?
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Warming the Bench
    Yeah, some scribe with a little too much time on their hands perhaps.

Re your question, assuming all talls are fit and firing when Tippett comes into consideration, I think it will be a real headache for selectors. In my head at the moment: Reid and Tippett are targets up forward, I really liked seeing both Mummy and Pyke on the ball and there's absolutely no way that Ted Richards loses his spot. So, from my point of view only, there isn't room for both Grundy and LRT, and I prefer the latter. So if I was coach and there was to be a 'victim' it would be Reg, although he's too good for the magoos.

No doubt fitness will play a part and there may even be opportunity to rest/rotate players IF this group remains injury free...

That's a bit harsh, James Dampney is a pretty good writer for Swans and GWS.

I don't mind him putting LRT on the media map as a 'different' type of character from the normal footy player. LRT is a lovely man (who is also a local surfer), very even tempered until it comes to the finals when he lets his mongrel off the chain, and should be acknowledged for the extraordinary part he plays at this club. He has got better and better at it as each year goes by and if someone wants to lionise him, well why not!
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Thread title should be LRT is Ghidorah?
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    I don't mind him putting LRT on the media map as a 'different' type of character from the normal footy player. LRT is a lovely man (who is also a local surfer), very even tempered until it comes to the finals when he lets his mongrel off the chain, and should be acknowledged for the extraordinary part he plays at this club. He has got better and better at it as each year goes by and if someone wants to lionise him, well why not!
    He's also the most unGodzilla like player in the league. Can't imagine him trashing, well anything, let alone all of Tokyo.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    He's also the most unGodzilla like player in the league. Can't imagine him trashing, well anything, let alone all of Tokyo.
    I'd have to disagree, his playing style in the grand final was very monster-like. He laid some crunching tackles and also gave it to Buddy which was awesome.
    Obviously his demeanour and the way he carries himself is very gentlemanly, but he played with some real mongrel in him during finals!

Goes up to 11
    LRT is the sort of player I would have hated to play against - a big unit with arms and legs going everywhere. No doubt plenty of his opponents throughout the years have ended up with all sorts of bumps and bruises in all sorts of places. He'd be very awkward to play against and he always gives 110%...

Regular in the Side
    LRT = GTR ?

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by DamY View Post
    I'd have to disagree, his playing style in the grand final was very monster-like. He laid some crunching tackles and also gave it to Buddy which was awesome.
    Obviously his demeanour and the way he carries himself is very gentlemanly, but he played with some real mongrel in him during finals!
    I think that McFee
    Would likely agree.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)