Thread: No end in sight for Goodsey

Veteran Site Admin

No end in sight for Goodsey

He's already negotiating with the club for another year after this one.

Swan on target with knee injury

And here's a bonus article about brother Brett (and a bit about Adam).

Brett finds a Dog's life is all Goodes

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Adam - we have known him (particularly as a player) so long and so well. We have accepted his foibles - not the most consistently accurate kick, not one who thrives when holding down a fixed key position. But give him a roving commission and let him play to his strengths - meticulous preparation, pace, size, anticipation, sheer willpower and determination - then perhaps as much as any player of his era he can turn a game. To borrow a phrase: this is greatness. I'm determined to make the most of the time he has left and enjoy what he gives us.
    And good luck to Brett too.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Adam - we have known him (particularly as a player) so long and so well. We have accepted his foibles - not the most consistently accurate kick, not one who thrives when holding down a fixed key position. But give him a roving commission and let him play to his strengths - meticulous preparation, pace, size, anticipation, sheer willpower and determination - then perhaps as much as any player of his era he can turn a game. To borrow a phrase: this is greatness. I'm determined to make the most of the time he has left and enjoy what he gives us.
    And good luck to Brett too.
    Yes Adam is mercurial and the most naturally talented player I have ever seen and I watched the great Barry Robran play. He was the best player to not play VFL/AFL footy, his choice he was offered the highest player payment ever in his time and turned it down to continue in the SANFL. Alex Jesaulenko rated Robran the greatest to ever play the game of Aussie Rules. I think Adam has surpassed robran and given us some of the greatest moments in footy. The inaccuracy I can handle because he gets so many shots at goal but there is one part of his game I detest and thankfully he has tried to eradicate it. That is the appealing for free kicks and playing for them. Beseeching the umpire after the fact and not getting on with the game. That and the slide are the only major flaws in his game. Though as I say he seems to have toned down the appealing for frees.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Yes Adam is mercurial and the most naturally talented player I have ever seen and I watched the great Barry Robran play. He was the best player to not play VFL/AFL footy, his choice he was offered the highest player payment ever in his time and turned it down to continue in the SANFL. Alex Jesaulenko rated Robran the greatest to ever play the game of Aussie Rules. I think Adam has surpassed robran and given us some of the greatest moments in footy. The inaccuracy I can handle because he gets so many shots at goal but there is one part of his game I detest and thankfully he has tried to eradicate it. That is the appealing for free kicks and playing for them. Beseeching the umpire after the fact and not getting on with the game. That and the slide are the only major flaws in his game. Though as I say he seems to have toned down the appealing for frees.
    Gee Wolfy, for a moment there I thought you were going to say his kicking for goal. For mine that is the only genuine flaw in his game apart from the odd dumb/brain fade disposal. Needs to improve his accuracy by 20% on set shots.