Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: NAB Cup: Sydney Swans v Carlton Blues v GWS Giants - team list and match discussion

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    I was very disappointed with likes of Goodes,Mumford,Shaw,Morton,Smith,Bolton and Mattner who all did nothing on the weekend. Those guys really need to lift if we are get to that vital win we crave in March. I'm sick of Horse blooding a Horse a whole heap of youngster this time of year and the fact we're a month behind the crap clubs is just an excuse.

Seriously though while I'm disappointed with a couple of the youngsters I'm certainly not going to have a cry and a whinge about after only ONE 20/20 AFL game.
    Not true at all!!!
    Goodes had a big smile when Towers kicked that goal!

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Not true at all!!!
    Goodes had a big smile when Towers kicked that goal!
    Nah, he just had gas.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

This is what happens when we 'play the kids!!11!!1!'
    -

Goes up to 11
    I'll admit that my performance last Sunday was also sub-par. I spent most of the match lying on the couch (thanks hangover) eating cake and I even changed channels a couple of times. I didn't yell at the tv once or jump up and down in frustration at some of the stuff that went on out there. I feel partly responsible for such a lacklustre performance and I understand I'll need to lift over the next few weeks to ready myself for the season proper.

Senior Player
    My form slump will continue no doubt. I have no intention to even re-watch the tape. That's how I usually perform in pre-season.

On a serious note, we are reigning premiers, 4 weeks behind most teams, have reasonable depth, have bolstered our major weakness in the offseason, played in the wet for 3/4 of our games, blooded some kids, got the legs ticking over of a few seniors and there was no injuries. Sounds reasonable to me leading into week 2 of the hit n giggle cup.

Quote Originally Posted by JudesaGun View Post
    I thought we weeded out all these overly negative, write us off at the jump of a hat supporters after last year's performance?
    There should be a 'self-ban' feature on RWO that peeps can elect to subscribe to which prevents them from posting whilst games are actually in play.

I've mellowed a fair bit in the past 10 years at the game. My daughter always had a healthy circle of friends who would use our spare family memberships to come along. It was only later I found out they had no interest in the footy, but word had spread that Casey's dad was entertainment worth twice the cost of admission.

I'm sure I'd be embarrassed reviewing some of the thoughts I had during the game if I posted them online.

Obviously the concept of 'Better to be thought of as a fool then to open your mouth (or post online) and remove all doubt' has not gotten thru to everybody on the webernet...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    I've mellowed a fair bit in the past 10 years at the game. My daughter always had a healthy circle of friends who would use our spare family memberships to come along. It was only later I found out they had no interest in the footy, but word had spread that Casey's dad was entertainment worth twice the cost of admission.

The '**** Casey's Dad Says' website isn't nearly as much fun these days.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Quote Originally Posted by R-1 View Post
    Are we maybe looking at Jed as more a forward than a midfielder? I know most of our forwards are mid/forward in various proportions, but maybe he'll tend more towards the forward end of that spectrum.
    I would think so. he is basically a forward who can play the mids. He has a big capacity just like ROK.

I looked at this game as a whole heap of first year players who haven't yet had a non Swans opponent, playing their first AFL game. 18 years old a lot of them. And they were up against GWS players who mostly had at least one season of AFL behind them, plus a Carlton side of similar/ish status. Even Towers hadn't played an AFL game before, so even at age 22 he is a bub.

By my calculation we had I THINK 8 premiership players, 3 AFL part time seniors, a few second year players, a couple of toppie pickups, One Ruckman (the last man on the list in many ways) and the rest were not even starters. Look at their builds (well, I do that a lot, but you know what I mean), not as much spaghetti as in previous seasons, but still. Not much seasoning in them yet.

Imagine being a first year, playing your first AFL game, with Goodsey, Peb, Macca and the senior coaching panel watching you. Plus a couple of older brothers. Nervous? Yep, you bet. OK, that's that game out of the way, lets see what happens next.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by magic.merkin View Post
    wow just wow.

I'm glad some posters have perspective of where our recruits and team as a whole are at in regards to preparation.

And seriously to say "Lamb was really disappointing, for example. Just did nothing." When he clearly took a mark and kicked a set shot, i'd pencil that in as something and disregard all the hyperbole that came before the comment.

I hope Sam and Tippo can just do nothing 80 times combined this year
    Listen Magic, Lambchop did much more and got the ball far more than certain other more experienced players. He did not fumble like Birdie who seemed to have butter on his hands all day. Poor young Harry is being tortured by getting him to play in the back half, definitely not his bag!!! He is a winger and that is that. If you want him to be defensive on his opponent then give him drills around that and make him be accountable as a winger not as a backman. He was hopeless as a back!! By the start of the season he would be ready. People wonder why we did so badly but don't think of the positional arrangements
    Last edited by wolftone57; 28th February 2013 at 04:25 PM.

wolf you may have read magics post incorrectly ?
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    I looked at this game as a whole heap of first year players who haven't yet had a non Swans opponent, playing their first AFL game. 18 years old a lot of them. And they were up against GWS players who mostly had at least one season of AFL behind them, plus a Carlton side of similar/ish status. Even Towers hadn't played an AFL game before, so even at age 22 he is a bub.

By my calculation we had I THINK 8 premiership players, 3 AFL part time seniors, a few second year players, a couple of toppie pickups, One Ruckman (the last man on the list in many ways) and the rest were not even starters. Look at their builds (well, I do that a lot, but you know what I mean), not as much spaghetti as in previous seasons, but still. Not much seasoning in them yet.

Imagine being a first year, playing your first AFL game, with Goodsey, Peb, Macca and the senior coaching panel watching you. Plus a couple of older brothers. Nervous? Yep, you bet. OK, that's that game out of the way, lets see what happens next.
    Primmy Carlton had virtually a full side against us. They only brought 7 rookies with them as it was. GWS had nearly all their top line up in against us and we had more players that were playing their first AFL game.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast