Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: St Kilda v Swans NAB. Cup Game

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    Apart from the inconsequential result, there wasn't a lot to be disappointed about today. Unlike last week, our fringe players stood up and played very well. Impressed again with Armstrong, Everitt and White competed very well, I really liked Towers again, young Jack, Jed Lamb showed a bit, while as others have mentioned, Rampe and Lloyd were very impressive. Of the premiership players, how anyone could ever not admire Jude Bolton would be beyond me - one of the greats. Lewis Jetta dynamic and Sam Reid clunked some good marks. I'm satisfied with where we're at right now with round one three weeks away.
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

St Kilda v Swans NAB. Cup Game

Quote Originally Posted by BeeEmmAre View Post
    Apart from the inconsequential result, there wasn't a lot to be disappointed about today. Unlike last week, our fringe players stood up and played very well. Impressed again with Armstrong, Everitt and White competed very well, I really liked Towers again, young Jack, Jed Lamb showed a bit, while as others have mentioned, Rampe and Lloyd were very impressive. Of the premiership players, how anyone could ever not admire Jude Bolton would be beyond me - one of the greats. Lewis Jetta dynamic and Sam Reid clunked some good marks. I'm satisfied with where we're at right now with round one three weeks away.
    Sums it up brilliantly. As you would expect I was particular chuffed at Jed's performance.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

I was chuffed with Jesse. He was putting in second efforts, following up, instead of doing something and then stopping. Starting to read the play a bit now. Oh I do want him to 'get' it. I really really do.
    Last edited by Primmy; 4th March 2013 at 08:29 AM.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by BeeEmmAre View Post
    Agreed. You could see the difference in fitness and readiness of St Kilda v us but beyond that we're shaping up nicely. Bring 10 players back into that squad and we should be good to go.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

I watched Jed closely and what I was looking for was his efforts in pressure and chasing again if the ball or his man took off

I saw him a few times zip off after a man or his man who had broken from the pack..........i was very happy with that. Jeds recover runs for a guy that is no where near a Hannes etc in fitness is definitely building his engine and is my roughy to start 2013 rd 1

TDL for Saints didnt do that much and Armstrong all though very good in attack did struggle a few times to race back after his man.

Its funny I find Mal has always been a bit guilty of that too but AJ, Mattner, Smith and Shaw always dig in very hard to chase after their men. I know that is party because Armstrong and Mal are off off on an attack and have the role to play loose and push high but Shaw does to and he generally goes very hard with his recovery runs in comparison.

For me Armstrong and Jed are just needing to find that little extra in recovery runs and pressure and they will be in there fighting for the 22 every week
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Thanks SP12. I thought I was going mad. The commentators were talking about 9 GF players missing. I kept counting and kept coming up with 11. So not bad for half a team, especially when Rohan didn't play and Benny played bugger all.
    what is sort of interesting is that we were looking at the team for circa 2015 going forwards. will be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    I was chuffed with Jesse. He was putting in second efforts, following up, instead of doing something and then stopping. Starting to read the play a bit now. Oh I do want him to 'get' it. I really really do.
    I thought he had a solid game as well ran out of puff 2nd half - not a bad player to have on the list? Im interested to see what we do with our fwd structure for round 1, do we set up keeping in mind Tippet will be in later. Does Goodes play at FF 1st half of season so the fwd structure revolves around 2 talls with reid/Goodes and cameos from rucks and LRT?
    Or as a long shot do they set up with White at FF until Tippet comes in?

Cheers

waz

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
    Or as a long shot do they set up with White at FF until Tippet comes in?
    Not sure there's any point sticking Jesse at FF and expecting anything different to the first 4 years of his career.

He had a very good season at NEAFL level last year playing predominantly in the ruck. Even when we had another ruckman in the team, he generally started at centre bounces as a RR type. He has improved his fitness markedly over the last 12-24 months and seems to be learning to use his size a bit more when he has licence to run around.

If he has a future at senior level, I think it has to be in the same kind of role that he played at the weekend. This probably has him up against Pyke as direct competition (for a spot that may not even exist, as it will depend on the fitness of Mummy and the ability of LRT / Tippett to pinch hit in the ruck when Mummy needs a rest).

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Nothing would please me more tthan to see Jesse fulfill his potential - if only just to piss Adelaide off.

I'm not getting too confident about Jesse yet. He's done some good stuff in NAB but also had some clangers last week too. So the inconsistency is still there.

Jetta on the other hand, yowzah! I agree with the above LRT should have handballed to him - though he had a bit of the kicking yips going for goal. Still loved that run he made.

I have been impressed with Towers.

Lacks composure, but that improve will with with experience and confidence.

For some reason, he reminds me of a young Leo Barry. Similar build to.

I also liked Jake Lloyd. Good skills and runs to the right spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    Nothing would please me more tthan to see Jesse fulfill his potential - if only just to piss Adelaide off.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast