Thread: Currie running hot

Currie running hot

Looks as though Dan is going well with the Roos - here. Pity Brad Scott hasn't figured out that a few teams went OK with two ruckmen, or it sounds as though he'd definitely be getting games this year.
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Blog Entries

Re: Currie running hot

Quote Originally Posted by undy View Post
    Looks as though Dan is going well with the Roos - here. Pity Brad Scott hasn't figured out that a few teams went OK with two ruckmen, or it sounds as though he'd definitely be getting games this year.
    I like the media build up. "looks like the roos have uncovered another quality big man"

Goes up to 11
    Curries are always better reheated...

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    I like the media build up. "looks like the roos have uncovered another quality big man"
    Yes interestingly no mention of him being a Swan Rookie for a few seasons. I was a bit disappointed that we got rid of him and decided to bet on Seaby frankly. I though Seaby at the end of his career and a bit one dimensional. I hope Dan does well at the Roos but I can't say I hope the Roos do well, just Dan.

Warming the Bench
    I wish dan currie lots of success,saw him many times in the 2s,always thought he would make the grade.swans made a mistake there.i like his perseverence
    forgotten 1996
    2005 a much sweeter memory,2012 even better

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    I wish dan currie lots of success,saw him many times in the 2s,always thought he would make the grade.swans made a mistake there.i like his perseverence
    I agree Gazza. i also saw him heaps in the 'Twos' and he impressed me with his hard work and the way he threw his weight around and protected the smaller players. His ruckwork was really good too. Maybe he will turn into a Red Hot Currie

Currie running hot

Quote Originally Posted by gazza View Post
    Really?? What mistake did the Swans make?? Currie was serviceable in the 2's but I never saw a string of performances from him that demanded that he be picked in the seniors. The only mistake the Swans made was keeping him on the list as long as they did.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Senior Player
    I expect they see more long term value in Naismith

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I agree Gazza. i also saw him heaps in the 'Twos' and he impressed me with his hard work and the way he threw his weight around and protected the smaller players. His ruckwork was really good too. Maybe he will turn into a Red Hot Currie
    Funny how we all see things differently, I always thought his lack of physicality was his biggest problem.

Currry's ruckwork is again from the Taubert stable, so expect him to have technique. Did hear he hurt his back in the game yesterday and is out. Hope I am wrong, had him as a toppie in my dreamteam.

As mentioned in an article his style of play didn't suit Roos' style, but would now probably suit current style.

As for his lack of physicality, I think he comes from a family of gentle giants but looks can be deceiving. He surely has persistence. Like Jonathon Simpkins.

And for those keeping track of such things young Kane Murphy is again at Norwood this season. Another persistent little so and so.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood