Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jake Lloyd

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I couldn't believe we got the winner of the TAC Coaches Award as a rookie selection. I think he will prove that he should have been a 1st round selection. He has already shown some of his quality in the NAB cup. A very well rounded intelligent footballer. His only problem is that he's come to a team with so many high quality young midfielders that it won't be easy breaking into the side.
    I searched for a Jake Lloyd thread. Some prescient posts on this one, but I'll up Ludwig's.

Lloyd is having a great year. He's consummate - great under pressure, good decision maker, kicks very well, and always keep us in motion. He gets the most out of a slight frame.

He's underrated on here, but I bet not by his coaches and team-mates. Reckon he's favourite to win his second Bob Skilton Medal, deservingly.

Reckon he'll make his first All Australian team, too.

151 games at 26. Could be a 300 gamer.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    I searched for a Jake Lloyd thread. Some prescient posts on this one, but I'll up Ludwig's.

Lloyd is having a great year. He's consummate - great under pressure, good decision maker, kicks very well, and always keep us in motion. He gets the most out of a slight frame.

He's underrated on here, but I bet not by his coaches and team-mates. Reckon he's favourite to win his second Bob Skilton Medal, deservingly.

He’s having a another brilliant season. I haven’t always rated him highly. A few years ago I was in the camp that he’s overrated, does nothing of value with the pill, racks up cheap possessions etc.

Happy to be wrong about him. His two seasons since have been stellar. And I feel he is more inclined to get the ball moving forward then he was a few years ago, less of the sideways/ backwards kicks, quicker to move it on.

He has also become very solid defensively.

Lock for AA surely, and very close in the BS medal I would think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regular in the Side
    why did he not take the mark instead of puncing it away in the 3rd qrt i think.

Jake Lloyd has been amazing this year. So much poise and his marshalling if the defence has been first rate.

I have thought in the past that he gets alot of easy possessions that overinflate his stats sheet. Especially alot of cross field kicks and nothing hand passes.

Not anymore. I think for this year he is one of the top small defenders and is definitely in AA contention.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Jake Lloyd has been amazing this year. So much poise and his marshalling if the defence has been first rate.

I have thought in the past that he gets alot of easy possessions that overinflate his stats sheet. Especially alot of cross field kicks and nothing hand passes.

Not anymore. I think for this year he is one of the top small defenders and is definitely in AA contention.
    He does get a little bump in statistics from any kickout he takes where he plays on ( which he nearly always does when he takes the kickout) but his numbers, even allowing for that, are consistently high. He runs to the right spots and he works hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post

Great call, all our leaders have been outstanding in a difficult year but Jake has gone to another level.

He's a really solid player. Racks them up consistently every week. He is getting tougher and defending better. The only criticism of him is that he's not going to slice a team open with this disposal as others (e.g. Dawson, Rampe) can.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    He's a really solid player. Racks them up consistently every week. He is getting tougher and defending better. The only criticism of him is that he's not going to slice a team open with this disposal as others (e.g. Dawson, Rampe) can.
    No, but he's really developed his kicking out of defence. 22 of his 28 disposals were effective last night.

Senior Player
    Jake is an excellent player. Has been for a long time. All defenders get a bump to their stats from chipping the ball around trying
    to get an opportunity to get the ball out of defense. That's just part and parcel of the game.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Jake is an excellent player. Has been for a long time. All defenders get a bump to their stats from chipping the ball around trying
    to get an opportunity to get the ball out of defense. That's just part and parcel of the game.
    And that's not even that he just gets cheap possessions as a defender. He wins his own ball. He has the fifth most intercept possessions in the competition (and is six cm shorter than the next smallest person in the top 15). He has the fourth most contested possessions for the Swans).

He's got the third most disposals in the competition this year and fifth most metres gained.

He works really hard and reads the game very well. We go to him for a reason - he's a smart and proactive user.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    why did he not take the mark instead of puncing it away in the 3rd qrt i think.
    Only human I guess

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast