Thread: Dane Rampe Elevation

Blog Entries

Dane Rampe Elevation

Rookie Rampe to be elevated today - SYDNEYSWANS.com.au

Sydney Swans coach John Longmire has confirmed that rookie defender Dane Rampe will be elevated to the senior list today.

Speaking at today?s official season launch at Parliament House, Longmire said the 22-year-old Sydneysider, who was taken at pick 37 by the Swans in the 2012 Rookie Draft, will be promoted to the club?s senior list ahead of round one.

Toldyers!!!! smug me.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations, Dane! It really is a fantastic story of determination, I'd love to see him get a run in round 1 if they feel he's earnt it.

He actually plays a lot taller than I expected he would when we drafted him.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Veterans List
    It costs money to elevate a rookie so doubt he would be elevated unless he wasgoing to be picked for the GWS game.

Is there still an embargo on releasing teams until the Channel 7 news as there was ast year?

Senior Player

Re: Dane Rampe Elevation

He could just be an emergency, need to be senior list to do that too.

If the kid is good enough, what will poor old Tony will be thinking? I was thinking Towers was in line for the spot off HB. I guess if Smiff and Marty are going in underdone they might opt for a different selection s strategy at some point. While I don't think our backline is ove rhte hill, they aren't getting any younger and AJ will replace Ted eventually so we'll need another tall, a hard man to replace Marty and a speedster to replace Rhyce. Best we start looking, a little forward thinking is always good
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Senior Player
    Tony will take Mal's spot. He just has to bide his time and take chances as they come. He was to short and not the type of player to replace Alex.

Towers is quite quick actually. I think Marsh and dick are also very fast and both play back. Tony could take Mals spot when he retires easily but he can also fill in now. Rampe is certainly an in and under player as well as an outside defender. He checks very tightly and won't give much up. I think mean covers his attitude to forwards a bit like Marty, Smithy & AJ. Congratulations Dane and good luck whichever game you play this weekend.

Senior Player
    ^ What they said

Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!