Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ANZ Stadium poor form

ANZ Stadium poor form

Never mind the poor state of the surface last night, we had bought a group of 10 tickets on level 1 middle of the ground in a prime viewing position. Get to the ground and they decided to not open that part of the ground after selling tickets for it. We had to line up in a long queue after entering the stadium and get allocated restricted viewing down near the fence near where they roll the grandstand back. Could not see the goals at one end. The tickets cost over $60 dollars. What a joke. All the staff could say was lodge a complaint.

I thought it was very poor that the AFL Record was not due to go on sale until 2.30 - they actually arrived about 3.15.

So, first game of the season, and no ability to follow the new players by their numbers.

I bitched somewhat to all and sundry; apparently a fault of the AFL not the Giants or the ANZ

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by sfan View Post
    Never mind the poor state of the surface last night, we had bought a group of 10 tickets on level 1 middle of the ground in a prime viewing position. Get to the ground and they decided to not open that part of the ground after selling tickets for it. We had to line up in a long queue after entering the stadium and get allocated restricted viewing down near the fence near where they roll the grandstand back. Could not see the goals at one end. The tickets cost over $60 dollars. What a joke. All the staff could say was lodge a complaint.
    Your consumer rights must entitle you to a refund of the difference in value between the seats you bought and those you were actually sitting in.

Might also be worthwhle to contact GWS and masquerade as a potential group of GWS supporters and see what the GWS office attitude is to assisting you.

I wouldn't let it rest.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That's terrible sfan, and I agree that at a minimum you should be entitled to a refund of the difference in the cost of the seats.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

I feel your pain. I think the second spot was also a platinum ticket area (so no price difference), but I wanted to avoid sitting there when trying to order my tickets - I wanted to have a bit of elevation to see what was happening. How do ticketek survive when they don't let you pick where you are going to sit and then the allocated seats are not even honoured? Ticketek made more than $100,000 out of that game, just think about what you could do with that money. Why don't the clubs sell their own tickets?

More importantly - the food bar 2 mins before half time had 1 meat pie and 0 sausage rolls.

A travesty!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nich View Post
    More importantly - the food bar 2 mins before half time had 1 meat pie and 0 sausage rolls.

A travesty!!
    Can't have expected so many people to turn up for the game.

I was moved from level 4 to level 1 (aisle 109-1). I was told that it is the same price, but I doubt. Fro my memory that was not the platinum but gold priced ticket. ANZ stadium and AFL can all get stuffed.

Quote Originally Posted by alt_mattr View Post
    I feel your pain. I think the second spot was also a platinum ticket area (so no price difference), but I wanted to avoid sitting there when trying to order my tickets - I wanted to have a bit of elevation to see what was happening. How do ticketek survive when they don't let you pick where you are going to sit and then the allocated seats are not even honoured? Ticketek made more than $100,000 out of that game, just think about what you could do with that money. Why don't the clubs sell their own tickets?
    It was supposed to be Platinum but we got put 12 seats from the concrete wall in Aisle 104. Very much inferior and harder to see.

Happy and I know it
    IF I go to the equivalent game next year (and that's a big if considering how much I hate ANZ), I'll be buying GA tickets and then sitting wherever I want. We bought gold tickets and they were rubbish. Moved seats several times. "Best available" - a bald-faced lie Ticketek, yet again.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    IF I go to the equivalent game next year (and that's a big if considering how much I hate ANZ), I'll be buying GA tickets and then sitting wherever I want. We bought gold tickets and they were rubbish. Moved seats several times. "Best available" - a bald-faced lie Ticketek, yet again.
    Ditto

I prefer the choice of GA vs the way they lock you in with Gold Members...

Rod_

The Australian Consumer Law (which is policed by the NSW Department of Fair Trading) is pretty clear about this:

from the Department's web-site:

Misleading or deceptive conduct

The ACL protects consumers from misleading or deceptive conduct. Business conduct is likely to break the law if it creates a misleading overall impression among the intended audience about the price, value or quality of consumer goods or services.

?Conduct? includes actions and statements, such as:

advertisements
    promotions
    quotations
    statements
    any representation made by a person.

Whether a business intended to mislead or deceive is irrelevant; what matters is how their statements and actions - the 'business conduct' ? could affect the thoughts and beliefs of a consumer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast