Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: Swans vs Roos gameday thread

I thought ROK was terrible in the first half. It seemed most of the time he touched the ball it either was a quick snap that went to the opposition or giving away a stupid free kick.

Surely he isn't that dumb and knows when tackled to make it look like he is actually trying to get rid of the ball.

Awesome sign that we can win with Goodes, Jetta, Reid and ROK down. If these 4 find some form then look out.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp

Swans vs Roos gameday thread

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    ...Awesome sign that we can win with Goodes, Jetta, Reid and ROK down. If these 4 find some form then look out.
    I thought Goodes was one of the reasons we blitzed them in the 3rdQ and Reid provided a hard running target all afternoon.

edit: Just watched the third quarter again and Reid's kick to Goodes for the last goal of the quarter was beautiful.
    Last edited by RogueSwan; 14th April 2013 at 06:38 PM.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

i thought the whole team was average in all qts except the 3rd.....hanners and parker....class acts
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

I missed the 3rd qtr as I nipped 2 doors up for a property auction - and I thought we were going to
    Get shellacked ! Imagine my surprise when I got back at 3/4 time! It was the win we needed against a quality team - this Fridays night though should be a ripper!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    I missed the 3rd qtr as I nipped 2 doors up for a property auction - and I thought we were going to
    Get shellacked ! Imagine my surprise when I got back at 3/4 time! It was the win we needed against a quality team - this Fridays night though should be a ripper!!
    Any auctions during the third term on Friday?

I'll phone Hookers to see what they've got;-)!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Virtually every attack goes through Reid. The mid fielders are kicking goals because he brings it to the ground. An absolute INTEGRAL part of our forward structure. It's up to the team to kick goals not any individual!
    The problem is that he brings the ball to the ground by dropping chest marks...

I must have watched a different game. To me this was a fantastic result in a real danger game. This game, far more than anything that has happened since last september, makes me confident we can go back to back.

Malceski is now an elite. I think the grand final has made him as a player.
    Parker is now a key player and would be in our best 22.
    I also thought Armstrong was ok. Dont expect him to be any more than our weakest defender, and you'll see him in a different light. As his confidence grows, you'll see him improve. With LRT down back we are slightly too tall, and need a whippy Armstrong to restore balance.

Reid was disappointing, and is basically offering his place up for Tippett at the moment.

what impressed me was Mummy as a key forward. Man he was busting packs wide open.

But how is Morton (kicking a lazy 10 in the reserves) going to break into this team ? Reid dropped ?

There's no way Reid will be dropped.

He's a vital cog, who just needs to start clunking his marks more consistently.

I would like to see Morton back in....The obvious out, like for like, would be Everitt.

He hasn't been too bad, but Morton offers more... particually in front of goal.

IMO, Armstrong is still too weak around the contest, has excellent skills but he can't tackle and he's poor under pressure.

Hopefully Shaw will be back this week...we'll need him against the Cats, with all those small mid/ forwards they've got.
    Last edited by ernie koala; 14th April 2013 at 10:55 PM.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

After watching the replay, I would like to retract my negative comments about Armstrong and Jetta.

Armstrong was actually pretty good overall, but he's not great in the strength department. He needs to develop a better tackling technique and learn to avoid getting trapped and caught holding the ball. He's very active and buzzy, which I like about him. He adds energy to the team.

I have a feeling that Jetta is just following orders. He seems to hang around out of the congestion waiting for an opportunity to slingshot down field. In the NM game, these opportunities didn't seem to develop. Maybe we need to find a way of getting him more involved. A suggestion for the Geelong game would be for him to tag Motlop (or perhaps Stoke or Christainson) to take away a bit of their burst from the midfield, and make him accountable when we have the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    I'll phone Hookers to see what they've got;-)!!
    That brings back old memories....

Hi all, back from a 3 week sojourn in Indochina. Managed to watch Rnd 1 V GWS live in Cambodia and Rnd 2 live in Laos. Thank god for Australia Network.
    Also treked through jungles in Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos and had full phone/internet reception everywhere. (TAKE NOTE TELSTRA!).

A good win by the boys and a very special 3rd quarter. One for the highlights discs. Gotta say I don't mind Mummy at full forward especially when Pyke is doing so well rucking.

Bring on the Cats!!!

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast