Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Rnd 4 Vs Geelong

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Sam Reid is very disappointing. Are we overrating him?
    There's no doubt he'll be a gun, just servilely lacking confidence atm.

I don\t think kicking 10 in the reserves would hurt him.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    I agree with a previous poster that White would be a better option than Reid at the moment
    White has played almost exclusively as a ruckman this year (as he did for most of last). He's playing the role well, but I don't think there has been anything in his performances to suggest anything will be different if he is plonked in the forward line in the senior team.

For me, Jetta's lack of activity is far more significant than Reid's form, and until this is worked out, we won't get back to our best. He looks like he has gone into his shell, playing tentatively, as he did in 2011. Hopefully the coaches (and Jetta) will find a way sooner rather than later to snap him back to his 2012 form.

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    I agree with a previous poster that White would be a better option than Reid at the moment
    I never thought I would see a post like this, I can only half heartedly agree. I think Geelongs tall defenders are probably hte best in the game and Sam still has a lot of work to do yo match them
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

When I see players like Motlop getting the ball, taking players on and breaking free with pace, I wonder why Jetta is not doing the same. He is simply not running. I can't imagine the coaches instructing him to be as stagnant as possible. It seems like his role in the team is to lull the opposition to sleep. He is not in any way shape or form the player he was last year. He's got to be dropped until he get's his mojo back.

Not having the Jetta from last year is a huge loss for us. Now we've lost our 2 fastest players, Rohan and Jetta.

On the Rookie List swans_premiers's Avatar
    Just remember Jetta's last few rounds of the H & A last year were average too, then he exploded again in the finals.
    Adam Goodes: Rising Star 99, Brownlow 2003, 2006
    Swans Premiers 1909, 1918,1933,2005, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by swans_premiers View Post
    Just remember Jetta's last few rounds of the H & A last year were average too, then he exploded again in the finals.
    Soooo ... we put him on ice 'til September?

Might see a big change next week?
    That 3rd quarter was a killer, pity we couldn't match the Cats. It'll be a good kick up the bum side though, however I didn't really think we'd need it considering 95% of that team had experienced Geelong before.
    Rampe impressed me, Armstrong not so much. He wasn't the worst though.
    Really concerned about Jetta, he's lost his sparkle. Reidy doesn't bother me much at all, I am used to it and just think he needs more time.

McVeigh, Pyke, Richards, Mattner and Grundy kept us in it! Smooch was good too. Really really really missing AJ and would love a Tippett right about now

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    There's no doubt he'll be a gun, just servilely lacking confidence atm.

I don\t think kicking 10 in the reserves would hurt him.
    Yeah, but how does he develop the skills needed to play against the big boys of the AFL when slaughtering the kids of the NEAFL?
    LRT took a while to develop but they just kept playing him til he found his feet

some slightly positive news....reported on twitter that no ligament damage suspected for LRT but rather injury to he joint. Not sure what that means for time frame out though.
    Swannies for life!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    some slightly positive news....reported on twitter that no ligament damage suspected for LRT but rather injury to he joint. Not sure what that means for time frame out though.
    Hopefully there's no crack in the joint..

Kennedy had a very sub-par game for his standards. Though I could say that for a few others. I cannot figure out what is going on with Jetta. But hopefully he'll bounce back soon.
    Hanners though. Seriously that performance by him to stay on after getting smashed in the ribs and then knee was gutsy to say the least.

Also a sidenote. I got slammed last week for highlighting that if we played like we did in Q1, Q2 and Q4 instead of focusing on the fantastic Q3 we had. Tonight only emphasised my thoughts. We were thoroughly exposed left, right and centre against a better side (even when you take away the inconsistent umpiring decisions) which the Kangaroos couldn't do last week.

There were a few poor umpiring decisions tonight that may have influenced the flow of the game, but IMHO no need to look for excuses, better to look for improvement. Also as a few other posts have said previously in this thread there is no shame in losing to Geelong, they played well.

Jetta has been disappointing but I think we will and should perservere with him in the firsts.

Reid has been disappointing and I think a spell in the 2s wouldn't hurt. While I thought his game wasn't horrible, the good things he did were bringing other players into the game with handballs after contests and things of this nature. I believe while he should always remain a team player, we also need him to be able to influence the game through individual efforts like taking pack marks and kicking goals. He is not providing this at the moment and IMO a spell in the 2's wouldn't hurt him to regain confidence and focus. Also in the context of the game the few uncontested marks he dropped were potentially just as important if not worse than any of the umpiring decisions because they were mistakes by the playing group rather than something uncontrollable. Hopefully it wouldn't be a long spell in the 2's because I agree with everyone about his potential and importance to our future.

The other thing that was unusual about tonights game was that the midfield got beaten for an extended period of time. In games there is always ebbs and flows, but tonight our midfield was down for an extended period. This wont happen often, our midfield is too good and has too much depth.

All this considered, the most worrying thing about tonights game was how bad is LRT. The other things will take care of themselves or the more than competent coaching staff will take care of them and we will be thereabouts at the end of the year.

Carved open at will far to often.

I've always hated Chapman.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast