Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for round 6 v Brisbane

Quote Originally Posted by BillyRayCypress View Post
    Reading that article, it says the Rohan is out for the season.

I must have missed that announcement.
    I don't think it's official, but based on his progress I would be very surprised to see him in the seniors this year.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    I don't think it's official, but based on his progress I would be very surprised to see him in the seniors this year.
    Certainly not official - Rohan is keen to get back on the paddock this year and is expected to join full training in the coming weeks

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    Nothing's been announced by the club as far as I know and they wouldn't rule Gazza out for the season unless there's been a particular setback. I still think we'll be lucky to see him get a few Ressies games under his belt this year though.

I note, however, that Brisbane Broncos' Jharal Yow Yeh made his reserve grade comeback yesterday - I think that's a good sign for Gazza as they were fairly similar injuries at pretty much the same time last year. Apparently Yow Yeh is still a bit away from a first grade comeback but good signs anyway.....

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Nothing's been announced by the club as far as I know and they wouldn't rule Gazza out for the season unless there's been a particular setback. I still think we'll be lucky to see him get a few Ressies games under his belt this year though.

I note, however, that Brisbane Broncos' Jharal Yow Yeh made his reserve grade comeback yesterday - I think that's a good sign for Gazza as they were fairly similar injuries at pretty much the same time last year. Apparently Yow Yeh is still a bit away from a first grade comeback but good signs anyway.....
    I never heard of him before so read a couple of articles about his injury. It seems that it was even worse than Garry's. Needed 8 operations and multiple skin grafts. If Garry's ready to join the main training group he must be healed up completely. So now it's a matter of getting back to playing footy. There must be fair chance that he will play reserves footy after the post round 11 week off if he all goes well.

really hope he is back and available for our finals campaign , he has that real x factor and before the injury lineball between him and jetta for speed...

LRT out for up to 8 weeks - could they re-work the backline to include Rhyce Shaw ? Jonathan Brown is the main man up forward for the Lions but, beyond him, they seem to rely on smaller guys like McGrath, Zorko.
    Maybe with Rampe working out so well, a smallish backline to back up Grundy, Mattner, Richards ?

But hey, given my miserable performance with my DT, you'd want to go with the opposite to whatever I suggest !

Every week this "Changes" thread seems like an excuse for some posters to rant or give us their wish list. That's ok and understandable but is this thread supposed to be about what we would do or what we think the club will do? We need to be realistic.

1. The Swans do not just hand out games to anyone. While this may occasionally frustrate those of us who want to see the boom kids have a run there is not doubt that the stability it brings and the message it sends outweigh the feel good factor of a potentially 'cheap' debut

2. The selection panel under our Premiership coach has shown a consistent pattern of picking like for like. Thus the changes that are made when injuries occur are "like for like" - hence Rampe's chance.

3. We rarely change a winning side. We have won a lot of games in the last couple of years (hooray!) so we haven't had to churn through the squad looking for quick fixes and have allowed the kids to develop at the right rate. Our draft picks generally haven't been in the top 5 so mostly take longer to be ready. AJ being an obvious exception.

That all means that we have to assume that this week's XXII will be the same as last weeks as a starting point. We factor Shaw in as a return and then look at who goes out for him. Based on the committee's strategy it will have to be Armstrong or Rampe. My feeling is that Rampe has gone ahead of Armstrong but I wouldn't be disappointed if they went the other way either. I don't foresee any other changes, particularly if the weather is good.

Despite all this I may be wrong, but I've been pretty close most of the time over the last couple of years once I took emotion out of it and looked at what the club was doing and why. It's still fun to wildly speculate though!
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Wrote a lengthy post and had it eaten by teh interweb gremlins. Couldn't be &*%ed rewriting it so, in summary:

In - Shaw (if fit)
    Out - Armstrong (probably) or Rampe (possibly)
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Goes up to 11
    Forecasting a Swans team for their next match is a lot like weather forecasting - if you forget all of the lengthy scientific prognostications, and just say "tomorrow will be the same as today was" you'll be right more often than not......

I think it came up, you got a post above it with 3 points

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    2. The selection panel under our Premiership coach has shown a consistent pattern of picking like for like. Thus the changes that are made when injuries occur are "like for like" - hence Rampe's chance.
    Yes, I'm with the good Doctor.
    And I'm wondering who is "like" LRT, who can rumble with a big backman then run forward, take a telling and unexpected mark, and kick straight under pressure.
    Leo Barry used to be good at that.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    Yes, I'm with the good Doctor.
    And I'm wondering who is "like" LRT, who can rumble with a big backman then run forward, take a telling and unexpected mark, and kick straight under pressure.
    Leo Barry used to be good at that.
    There is no man like unto LRT. He standeth alone.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast