Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favourite skill and favourite player?

Favourite skill and favourite player?

I thought it would be interesting to quiz you all, what is your favourite part of the game? I.e. your favourite skill?

For me it is a contested mark. Wrestling in the center square, flying over a pack, that sort of thing.

Then I realised my favourite player is Pyke, the swans best contested mark at the moment (and third in the league). I thought perhaps other people might find their choice of favourite player is influenced by what they like to watch. Thinking back, all my favourites have been great marks, Richards, Goodes, Leo Barry, Hall, Magic, Dunkley, Lockett...

I have a few different favorite skills - I love pace, breaking the lines and running goals which is why I love Jetta, Goodes and Jack. My favorite player use to be Kennelly aswell.

But then I also like the strong contested clearance type and that's why JPK is probably my favorite player atm and also Luke Parker, love how they use their size to break through people, which is also what Goodes use to do and with pace, which made him remarkable, which is why Goodesy is my favorite player of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by alt_mattr View Post
    I thought it would be interesting to quiz you all, what is your favourite part of the game? I.e. your favourite skill?

For me it is a contested mark. Wrestling in the center square, flying over a pack, that sort of thing.

Then I realised my favourite player is Pyke, the swans best contested mark at the moment (and third in the league). I thought perhaps other people might find their choice of favourite player is influenced by what they like to watch. Thinking back, all my favourites have been great marks, Richards, Goodes, Leo Barry, Hall, Magic, Dunkley, Lockett...
    Capper & Pratt (from photos)

When a player breaks the lines especially someone with pace it just lifts the crowd. When Jetta does his thing there is nothing more exciting in my view.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I can't choose between two quite different skill sets. One is the sheer brilliance of a Jetta or an O'Loughlin; the other is the determination and sheer grit of the not quite so naturally talented, which is why my favourite player atm is LRT. Love 'em all!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Blog Entries
    A Jetta Dash.
    A (dare I say it) Davo 4 goal Qtr.
    A high flying Capper.

It's the special things that make the game great.
    Lockett was great, but how excited did people get when he got his bulk off the ground on the odd occasion.

If you can pull off the extraordinary, then you'll excite the crowd.
    That is why Melbourne fans love Howe!!

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    I love the slick handball that makes you wonder, how did they get that out in so little time. Magic was the best at this.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

This may seem a little boring, but I love a really hard and clean tackle done at pace, it just gets my blood pumping.

Favorite player is Kirk.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Jam View Post
    This may seem a little boring, but I love a really hard and clean tackle done at pace, it just gets my blood pumping.

Favorite player is Kirk.
    After your comment I would have thought SuperMarty would be your man. He has made a lot of game changing/saving tackles.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Not only tackles, but Marty does some of the best 1%.

However Kirk is my fav for a few reasons, mostly because of the way he became a champion. You know, the 'can't run.." stuff early on, the long time to get his place in the side and that he went on to become the heart and soul of the club, it is a story that gives me some hope for my future.

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Being first at the bar or snack bar after the hooter has sounded.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

i'd be lying if i said anything beats a Lewis Jetta breakaway ala the prelim last year.

For me generally it is a small who busts through a pack with the ball, and instead of the predicted stoppage, the midfield links up a few handballs together, and you just see a swarm of red and white heading goalwards.

Favourite player would be Kieran Jack atm, but it changes every few weeks.

Its interesting.. I was chatting to a hawks fan and which players we didn't like from each club. He was able to name a couple of hawks on his list. I couldn't for the life of me name a single player in out best 22 which I could say... yeah.. don't like him as much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast