Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Poor old Dale Lewis

It seems that while the messageboards are great fun and serve as a great place to exchange views ~ the medium itself seems to discourage clarity of communication.
    Sorry . . . . . I don't understand that?

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Originally posted by chammond
    Sorry . . . . . I don't understand that?
    I noticed that the original post never suggested Lewis should have been in the TOTC, yet most subsequest posts are statements that he wasn't worthy of being in the TOTC.

Most posters are disagreeeing with a statement that was never made, I was just speculating why that was so.

In normal face-to-face conversation if I was to say
    "It's a nice day today, although the weatherman said it might rain"
    and you were to answer
    "No it isn't, it's a nice day!"
    I'd think you were partially deaf, or something.

However that's the way these messageboard conversations go. Perhaps people glance at a post yet don't have time to read it because they are simultaneously doing other things on their computers?
    Similarly when posting, perhaps people are so hurried that they don't proofread their own words?

Just a thought ~ now back to the footy.

Huh? If you're going to throw up possible theories on why he missed out on the shortlist, people are going to explore whether he should have go there on merit in the first place....or am I missing something? I think you're splitting hairs.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Originally posted by Rizzo
    Huh? If you're going to throw up possible theories on why he missed out on the shortlist, people are going to explore whether he should have go there on merit in the first place....or am I missing something? I think you're splitting hairs.

I don't think I'm splitting hairs,

The team of the century is the traditional 18 players plus 6 reserves and a coach. 25 BLOKES.

The Team of the century SHORTLIST had almost 200 BLOKES listed

That's a very big hair!

So either some posters couldn't tell the difference between the two lists
    OR
    they honestly think Lewis wasn't one of the Swans best 200 players (in which case they're wrong).

Originally posted by Ruckman
    I don't think I'm splitting hairs,

The team of the century is the traditional 18 players plus 6 reserves and a coach. 25 BLOKES.

The Team of the century SHORTLIST had almost 200 BLOKES listed

That's a very big hair!

So either some posters couldn't tell the difference between the two lists
    OR
    they honestly think Lewis wasn't one of the Swans best 200 players (in which case they're wrong).
    Maybe some of us saw you talking about the shortlist and believed any refence to TOTC in this topic was purely on the basis of Lewis being on the Shortlist or not. I don't think anyone on here for a minute would believe he would f gone close to the final team. As I said before he would of gone close, but at the end of the day despite playing 180+ games he didn't do enough on a consent basis to make the shortlist.
    Once was, now elsewhere

Gotcha. Your reference was to a few posts to the majority. I'll try and keep what hair I have on my head...

Ruckman, my comment wasn't in reference to your original post, but the subsequent jibber jabberin' in that direction.

It struck me as funny
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123