Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes round 10 v Bombers

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Then again one of the lesser midfielders such as Parker probably wouldn't want to put in a couple of shockers.If Mitchell is as good as we think some one eventually has to give way. Nice position to be in. With my hobby horse being our poor centre clearance work , I for one can't wait to see how he goes in this area of his game.
    The obvious long term solution is that he will replace Bolton in the team (which will require rejigging in terms of who plays forward).

I must say I'd hardly call Parker a 'lesser' midfielder - he has been immense for us this year so far.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Just wild about Harry
    I think the changing of the guard will eventually mean that as Jude goes, he is replaced in the forward line by O'Keefe and Mitchell comes into the centre.

Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

I'd be surprised if Shaw came straight back in to the 1's, given the time off...And no hard, high intensity games before that.

Mattner though, if fit, would obviously come straight in.

If either come in I suppose it will be Lamb, Everitt or Rampe that make way...All played pretty well last week, especially Rampe.

Most likely the unlucky Lamb...he hasn't been given the game time to establish himself yet....but he looks good to me.

As for Mitchell, can't see him getting a game before the bye, unless we have a midfield injury.

I reckon either the Port, or particually Melbourne, game would be ideal.
    Last edited by ernie koala; 28th May 2013 at 05:34 PM.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

On the Rookie List
    If Mattner's fit, then Lamb out, Mattner in. He can even start as sub to ease him back in.
    Walsh for Reid. Seems to be doing better by the barest margin in the 2s than White. But either/or depending on how each has pulled up.
    Mitchell for Bird. If not this week then next. Disappointing that Parker has become a lock for the midfield over Bird, considering both were rated very high, and Craig has a few years on Luke. Crunch time for Bird really, and maybe the message needs to be reinforced.
    When Tippett is available, Everitt has to watch out. He is actually starting to put it together, but Rampe has a really penetrating kick, and just a notch above for now - and left footers are a precious rarity for us.
    Oh and lets see if we cant clone Goodes. Can never have enough of him.

Judging by Longmire's press conference today, I think this could be Mitchell's week.

I also think only one of Shaw/ Mattner will come in and Everitt and Goodes will fill the hole Reid leaves up forward.

So I'm going with:

Out: Reid, Lamb
    In: Mattner, Mitchell

And there's no way Bird will be dropped - didn't he do the shut down job in Swan?

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by JudesaGun View Post
    And there's no way Bird will be dropped - didn't he do the shut down job in Swan?
    Bird barely got a run in the midfield. He was almost permanently posted on the back half flank. Swan seemed to get our rotations with the likes of Jack and Kennedy getting a large chunk of work on him.

I believe Horse has settled on Rampe as cover for AJ (ie. tallish, fast defender on the third tall, good kick and decision making). He is still choosing between Armstrong and Everitt for LRT (ie. good overhead, but able to rebound strongly from the 50m arc, can be moved forward). And he is struggling with losing both Shaw and Mattner at the same time (ie. fast run and bounce types, can read the play and cover the gaps).

If Mattner does come back in this week, and/or Rhyce finally comes up fit, he needs only solve for the gap LRT has (amazingly) left us. I think Jed can cover (or at least be given the chance) for the Shaw/Mattner gap, and that Everitt has done enough so far to stay in. But Bird is only barely hanging on. He has been far more valuable in previous seasons than now, and is at risk of keeping a gun young player from a shot at the big time.

And lets not forget Membrey...

What's happened to Jordan Lockyer? I thought the kid would be a perfect fit to come into the backline with Shaw, Johnson, LRT & Mattner out

Quote Originally Posted by JudesaGun View Post
    I don't always rely on the media but there was an article about how Bird shut Swan down (and also how Swans shut Magpies down - see what they did there?) so I don't think Bird is that far down the list. Though I hope Horse would take a Horses for courses approach to each opposition team

Bird get the boot ??

hell_freezes.jpg

We had this silly talk last week.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Bird get the boot ??

hell_freezes.jpg

We had this silly talk last week.
    Absolutely. His job on Swan was outstanding on the weekend. It beggars belief his work continues to be under appreciated.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast