Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mumford, Mike, The Tip and White

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Jesse White would be mad to stay at the Swans.
    He was floated last year. No one wants him.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Senior Player
    I thought Brisbane showed some interest?

Both clubs (Adelaide and Brisbane) baulked at his pay packet. He still had a year to go on his swans one.

At the end of this year he's off contract I think.

Having said that, he's not worth much in a trade, but wouldnt be suprised if someone picked him up on wild speculation base salary pick.

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    It is absolutely wonderful that nobody has suggested that we should trade Pykey. Nor should they. He has been tremendous this year. 11 goals to date , on top of his other contributions, is a magnificent return. If it's a choice between him or Mummy, I'd keep him at the moment.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

IMO, Swans won't let Mummy go. And that article does little to change my view.

Seems to me, from what McConville says, he wants to stay, he just wants a good long deal to see him out...Fair enough.

If he does decide to go, we should get a good trade for him so I'm not worried either way....Much more worried about Jetta.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

If Mummy stays and Big Tippo comes in my preferred lineup next year, with Rohan:

FB: Shaw Richards Smith

HB: Mcveigh Grundy Malceski

C: Jetta Hannebery Jack

HF: O'Keefe Goodes Bolton

FF: Rohan Tippett McGlynn

R: Mumford Parker Kennedy

I/C: Johnson, Morton, Bird, Pyke

Depth: Mitchell, Rampe, Everitt, Lamb, Armstrong
    LRT. Lord Roberts-Thompson. He may look like the Munster, but looks can be deceiving.

2012 Bloods Premiers.

Quote Originally Posted by swanspant12 View Post
    If Mummy stays and Big Tippo comes in my preferred lineup next year, with Rohan:

FB: Shaw Richards Smith

HB: Mcveigh Grundy Malceski

C: Jetta Hannebery Jack

HF: O'Keefe Goodes Bolton

FF: Rohan Tippett McGlynn

R: Mumford Parker Kennedy

I/C: Johnson, Morton, Bird, Pyke

Depth: Mitchell, Rampe, Everitt, Lamb, Armstrong
    It's tough, tougher than you think. No Reid!

If we have a full list, we're going to start losing players.

I think Bolton will retire, and maybe some others - ROK, Shaw....maybe Mattner. Not everyone plays till they're 32/33.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Hard job picking that team!
    And you could add Cunningham for depth, I think as the eventual replacement for Shaw.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Good read here about our Mike - "the bloke who has shot past Shane Mumford to be the top ruckman in the league's premier team".

No Cookies | Herald Sun

Good to see Pykie getting some love. As well as being the best contested mark is the league's best one-on-one player: has won 54% compared to 44% for Buddy.

Roos thinks the team will be unbalanced if we play Tippett, Pyke and Mumford.

But I agree with Mike.

"The way this game is going, with quick kicks coming out of stoppages and long kicking back in vogue, I think you're more of a match-up (problem) if you have more talls in the forwardline who can move and take a grab - you can see that with West Coast.''

The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

More praise by Roos for Mike Pyke: Mike Pyke leads the competition with 26 contested marks while his 12 goals for the season thus far has him second among goal-scoring ruckmen.

"They're the sort of stats which stack up and make a case for All Australian ruckman," former Sydney coach Paul Roos said.

"If you look at his record and ask what do you want from a ruckman? it's really impressive. He's a dangerous marking forward target who can kick goals."

And a good reminder of Mike's development since arriving at the Swans in the history in this link:

Mike Pyke of the Sydney Swans Biography

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12