Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mumford, Mike, The Tip and White

Mumford, Mike, The Tip and White

If Mummy really does want to move back home would a Mike Pyke Jessie White combo be so bad?

Tippett i feel was bought as a key forward to eventually replace Goodes as our focal point upfront along next to Reid.

To have Goodes, The Tip and Reid this year will just be a luxury not many clubs can compete with.

We have Naismith coming along in Ressies and maybe ready in a couple of seasons

we have LRT and White who can easily fill in the ruck rotation.

So the big questions are if Mummy wants to head home how do we trade ?

Mummy for ?

Do we trade white and for what type of player ?
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

The crazy thing is last night I dreamt we signed JW for two more years because Mummy left. Then I awake to see this thread on RWO. Scary. I didn't even actually know Mummy wanted to go?

Back to the Cats?

I would first like to see how all the main characters finish the season. Tippett is yet to play, so who knows what impact he will make. Mummy has been off his top game for more than a year, but started to look more himself last week. At his best he can be a force in the ruck. White is probably not a bad player to have as a backup Ruckman if we only play one legit ruckman, Pyke, plus Tippett as the Ruck Forward. And hopefully Naismith will recover from injury to give us more of a hint as to how he might develop. The development of Xav Richards and Lockyer also come into play in my thinking about our backline needs.

The only future hole I can see in our side for some time to come is for a tall defender, preferably the 100 kg + type that can match it with some of the bigger forwards like Travis Cloke. Collingwood look like a prime candidate for a trade if Jolly retires. I would do a swap for Ben Reid. I thought Ben might be a target anyway when he goes out of contract next year.
    Would prefer to do a trade with GWS for 1st year number 12 draft pick Kristian Jaksch, as that would fit better with the timing of when our older key defenders are likely to call it quits (Richards and LRT).
    It's hard to imagine anyone wanting to play for Melbourne, but if the AFL throw some big cash at them to recruit players, there is a chance that Mummy might take the money and run, if some is on offer. I wonder if Jack Watts could succeed in a different environment, or is he just a dud? Perhaps a deal including Mummy and some additional comp in draft pick exchanges could manage to pry Melbourne's top draft pick, which we could use for Thomas Boyd. I know he plays as a forward now, but can see him as that big defender that would come in handy as the game is trending toward teams having 200 cm forwards, ourselves included.

Regular in the Side
    Where is the talk about Mumford coming from?

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    If Mummy really does want to move back home would a Mike Pyke Jessie White combo be so bad?

Tippett i feel was bought as a key forward to eventually replace Goodes as our focal point upfront along next to Reid.

To have Goodes, The Tip and Reid this year will just be a luxury not many clubs can compete with.

We have Naismith coming along in Ressies and maybe ready in a couple of seasons

we have LRT and White who can easily fill in the ruck rotation.

So the big questions are if Mummy wants to head home how do we trade ?

Mummy for ?

Do we trade white and for what type of player ?
    Good question Auntie if Mumford goes there would presumably be a trade involved. The Swans history shows we would probably chase another established ruckman. Jesse doesn't seem to fit into any long term plan . Walsh selection ahead of him this week after Jesse kicking 15 goals in 2 weeks playing ruck fwd highlights no confidence in jesse, particulary after Walsh dismal performance against freo. I know the opposition in 2,s isn't great but still have to get the pill and slot it.

So I reckon we would chase another established ruckman and Trade Jesse.

Cheers

waz

Regular in the Side
    Leuenberger !

Quote Originally Posted by Bexl View Post
    Where is the talk about Mumford coming from?
    Mumford looking for four years as rival clubs hover
    To all those people who waited 72 years to see a South Melbourne/Sydney Swans premiership HERE IT IS!!

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Leuenberger !
    Delicious!
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Blog Entries
    But...
    with negotiations yet to begin on what his management hopes could be a new four-year deal.

I like the sound of that Ben Reid and Mumford trade!
    Even though it is only pure fantasy at this point

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    But...
    Mumford has his best game of the season last week -- I hope the negotiations drag on as long as possible!
    To all those people who waited 72 years to see a South Melbourne/Sydney Swans premiership HERE IT IS!!

Jesse White would be mad to stay at the Swans. I'd say he wants to move on, and I think the swans are happy with that even if Mumford goes.

The swans feel they have spent to much time on White, I think the'd try and draft a young untried ruckman.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast