Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Round 10 VS Essendon

Jack, Mitchell and Jetta 6 each !!!
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

I wish we had played like this v Hawthorn. It is so satisfying beating the Hawks.

I am worried about how we'll keep our stellar midfield over the next few years. I can't believe we have Jack, Macca, Parker, Hanners but even Birdy was really really good tonight. And Mitchell was amazing as well!

Looking up now!! Bring on the Crows next week and then Tippett returns. Will love to see our forward line goes with Tippett and Morton! I believe we are fully capable of going back to back

A shame about Walsh. It really looked bad. I have a feeling that we will never see him play another AFL game.

Mitchell had 18 and 6 tackles in only 50% game time. He should become a permanent fixture in our 21.

Rampe has really settled in the last couple of games. He's quite a good long kick of the ball. It's going to be hard to dislodge him from the back six. I'm not sure Mattner is an automatic inclusion anymore. When Shaw comes back, we'll have to drop someone from the forward line. It's going to get tough for spots after the bye.

A shame about Walsh. It really looked bad. I have a feeling that we will never see him play another AFL game.

Mitchell had 18 and 6 tackles in only 50% game time. He should become a permanent fixture in our 21.

Rampe has really settled in the last couple of games. He's quite a good long kick of the ball. It's going to be hard to dislodge him from the back six. I'm not sure Mattner is an automatic inclusion anymore. When Shaw comes back, we'll have to drop someone from the forward line. It's going to get tough for spots after the bye.

Senior Player
    I think when Shaw comes back he frees Macca up, might have midfield impacts.

Tommy also just reads the game so well

I watched him closely and he knows when to flood forward and leave his man and when to play tight and tackle

now that sounds easy but how many kids in their first senior game let alone first senior season get that part of their game righ against strong opposition ? not to many !
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Macca worked his arse off. I agree, perhaps it was a pay it forward to Adam and his efforts a couple of years ago. Good thought that. Works for me.

We had no passengers. Simple as that. They all had their bursts and resting periods. They all covered each other much of the time. And the rain fell in their faces and eyes all night long. I noted Drey had a good game, contrary to other thoughts here. And Morton. They may not have looked to have done much but they blocked and backed up and Morton in particular harrassed. Its all part of the plan.....even if you are not the best on ground, contribute contribute contribute. Look at Jetts, not his kind of ground surface to sparkle on, but he did what he is really not built to do, tackle. Noone was going to let themselves, or their teammates down last night. Noone.

And talk about taking your chances and running with them! Diesel (that's what the boys call him - his handballs are lightning) Mitchell just flew with it. Wish I could have done something like that in my past, just the self belief and the whole team player thing. No "look at me" it was just hard work. And I might point out that Peb has a successor in the wow look at that butt appreciation society But I digress.....

I had such a good time, I felt so proud of them all.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Really disappointed for Tommy Walsh...He was presenting ,and contesting, really well before he got injured.

Looked ugly, so obviously it will be unlikely he'll get back in the seniors this year.

But I reckon he shows enough, and I hope they'll keep him on the list.

Our backline, missing 3 front liners, were just fantastic...again.

Rampe continues to improve, looked great last night

It's going to be hard to fit them all in after the bye.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Would all those wanting Bird dropped like to put their sheepish hands up
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Macca worked his arse off. I agree, perhaps it was a pay it forward to Adam and his efforts a couple of years ago. Good thought that. Works for me.

We had no passengers. Simple as that. They all had their bursts and resting periods. They all covered each other much of the time. And the rain fell in their faces and eyes all night long. I noted Drey had a good game, contrary to other thoughts here. And Morton. They may not have looked to have done much but they blocked and backed up and Morton in particular harrassed. Its all part of the plan.....even if you are not the best on ground, contribute contribute contribute. Look at Jetts, not his kind of ground surface to sparkle on, but he did what he is really not built to do, tackle. Noone was going to let themselves, or their teammates down last night. Noone.

And talk about taking your chances and running with them! Diesel (that's what the boys call him - his handballs are lightning) Mitchell just flew with it. Wish I could have done something like that in my past, just the self belief and the whole team player thing. No "look at me" it was just hard work. And I might point out that Peb has a successor in the wow look at that butt appreciation society But I digress.....

I had such a good time, I felt so proud of them all.
    Agree with all your sentiments. I actually died a little - I took hold of my neighbour's knee and said "Lord Jesus - does he have the right sized shorts on?! Someone bring me my smelling salts!"

Morton and Dre get a big tick from me today too, and Walsh was doing real well. May not have taken all his marks, but not many did due to the conditions, I hope he recovers well and gets another go.

Real bad run with injuries this year!

Is it just me, or was Dre much harder at the contest in this game than he has been? Noticed him getting in and dirty a few times. I checked his stats and he's averaging 4.7 contested possessions this year - up from 4 last year, so there might be something in it. (Was about 3.5 the year before or something like that).

I wasn't surprised to see Walsh up and about - seems a natural progression from his game against Freo, which I thought was ok (kicking aside). He seems to contest the mark - there's more of LRT in him than in White if I might dare such a blasphemy. Pity about his injury - could be another season-ender by the looks of it.

Incidentally did anyone see the way Pyke went at the ball on the ground just before Everitt's goal? Looked like he drifted around to the back of the contest so he was approaching from the right side - obviously didn't want to get pinged for entering the side of the ruck :-)

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast