Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: North Sydney Oval Swans-Bombers match

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Question Where should the Cheer Squad and noisemakers sit

Taking about this match, I have been thinking for some time as to the best spot for the Cheer Squad to situate itself. Considering the recent enthusiasm shown by several RWOers to try and improve the chanting and singing, I was kind of hoping we could get a group of RWO regulars together with the CS to help out getting a few more songs going. May I put it to the forum as to the best place for the Cheer Squad and hopefully the rest of the RWOers to congregate on match day?

In previous years the Cheer Squad has stood in several places. Firstly it was under the tree, then 2 years ago it was in the first row of the McCartney stand undercover area, where we were able to get some great chanting and singing going. Plus it was in the shade. But it was very cramped waving big flags up there. And you couldn't see the scoreboard either from there.

I was kinda thinking of going back to the spot I used to watch Northern Spirit matches in in the Bob Stand on what would be the half-forward line for footy. We could even get a standing bay if security allowed it. Complete with a drum getting the chanting going. But at 4-7pm the sun is very very bad at that time from the Bob Stand. But it would be the easiest in terms of keeping loud people together in an enclosed space.

The area under the tree sucked as far as I was concerned. No room, little seating, and when Essendon were shooting for goal bits of tree were falling down on top of us. OH & S problem if ever there was one. Not fun waving a big flag there as well.

The other option is just plonking ourselves on the hill like most rugby league flag groups do. But watching the game from centre wing just doesn't do it for me. And with our big flags it would look very strange being on the hill. Especially having to get up off the grass every time we kicked a goal. Plus the hill is very open, so there is little chance to create much atmosphere.

JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

Regular in the Side
    Tickets to the annual AFL exhibition match at North Sydney oval, between the Sydney Swans and Essendon Bombers, are now on sale through Ticketek outlets.

This annual event, to be held on Saturday February 14 from 3.30pm, has become a very popular fixture in Sydney's sporting calendar and is the first AFL match played in Australia each year.

Gates will open at 1pm with players from both clubs presented to the crowd and available for an autograph session pre-match from 1.30pm.

At half time eight schools from the North Shore will take part in an AFL Auskick demonstration under the guidance of AFL Auskick ambassador Robert "Dipper" Dipierdomenico.

Tickets are available from Ticketek by phoning 9266 4800, on the internet at www.ticketek.com, through Ticketek outlets, or on match day unless sold out prior.

All tickets will be general admission and prices are: $15 for an adult, $10 for concession and children under 16 free.

The above prices do not include the Ticketek booking fee.

Football Terrorist
    They also said that members had to pay for their tickets. I thought it was free entry for members?
    The Destructive Dan Experience - Featuring Teal.
    Add me on Facebook - Danny Pinsuti (Except Suzi Olsen and her split personalities.)
    238 AFL Games.

On the Rookie List jude_boltons_babe's Avatar

no its 15 for adults

adults are 15 pensiners are 10 bucks
    jude bolton and adam biggest fan ever

Regular in the Side
    I think Pensioners are on special at Kmart for $8...but I dont think they come with batteries

On the Rookie List
    Regarding the entry fee for members for NSO. This is from an email that the Swans sent me:

Member must purchase tickets for this match. The only practise matches that Members are entitled to free entry, are those played if the Sydney Swans do not progress through to the Final in the 2004 Wizard Cup.
    AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

Football Terrorist
    Originally posted by ItsAllGoodes
    I think Pensioners are on special at Kmart for $8...but I dont think they come with batteries
    I think I'm worth more than $8!
    The Destructive Dan Experience - Featuring Teal.
    Add me on Facebook - Danny Pinsuti (Except Suzi Olsen and her split personalities.)
    238 AFL Games.

Yarraville, Victoria, Australia, Australia
    Originally posted by Destructive
    I think I'm worth more than $8!
    Yeah, $8.05.

"Any bids more than $8.05 for Destructive. going once"

a somewhat "tired & emotional" JF
    "Never ever ever state that Sydney is gone.They are like cockroaches in the aftermath of a nuclear war"
    (Forum poster 'Change', Big Footy 04Apr09)

On the Rookie List swansrock4eva's Avatar
    I bid $8.10!

$8.10 and a button

I'll go high if I have to *looks around for more buttons*
    Once was, now elsewhere

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Originally posted by SETH
    Regarding the entry fee for members for NSO. This is from an email that the Swans sent me:

Member must purchase tickets for this match. The only practise matches that Members are entitled to free entry, are those played if the Sydney Swans do not progress through to the Final in the 2004 Wizard Cup.
    HOW STRANGE

I was the one who alerted them to the error in the first place, when the "you people" comment was made by Swans marketing.

I just checked and the email I sent after that comment was sent on January 19 and I still haven't received a response.

It seems strange, and very unlike Swans marketing. that you received an email.

In fact it's so strange and very unlike Swans marketing . . . . could it be that you work for Swans marketing itself or that you're one of it's stooges?

I may be completely wrong and you could be a perfectly normal Swans fan . . .

. . . . but I am still disgusted by Swans customer-disservice and it seems to me that promoting the "company line" on an unofficial website would be a more likely activity for Swans marketing than coming clean and making the apology they should have made in the first place.

Ruckman, full text of email from club below.

SYDNEY SWANS V ESSENDON BOMBERS EXHIBITION MATCH AT NORTH SYDNEY OVAL
    Tickets to the annual AFL exhibition match at North Sydney oval, between the Sydney Swans and Essendon Bombers, are now on sale through Ticketek.

SYDNEY SWANS V ESSENDON
    SATURDAY 14TH FEBRUARY 2004
    GATES OPEN 1PM

This annual event, to be held on Saturday February 14 from 3.30pm, has become a very popular fixture in Sydney's sporting calendar and is the first AFL match played in Australia each year.

Gates will open at 1pm with players from both clubs presented to the crowd and available for an autograph session pre-match from 1.30pm.
    At half time eight schools from the North Shore will take part in an AFL Auskick demonstration under the guidance of AFL Auskick ambassador Robert "Dipper" Dipierdomenico.

Tickets are available from Ticketek by phoning 9266 4800, on the internet at www.ticketek.com, through Ticketek outlets, or on match day unless sold out prior.

All tickets will be general admission and prices are: $15 for an adult, $10 for concession and children under 16 free.
    The above prices do not include the Ticketek booking fee.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast