Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Franklin Rumour

I bet the ex Swan that told Russell Barwick he'd heard the rumour too was none other than Nicky 'The Joker' Davis. He would do it just for the sake of pulling Russell's pud without Russell knowing. What a joke. Next we will be getting Dustin Fletcher and Jonno Brown on the rooky list. What next? Mark Neelde will be coaching us next year?

Just wild about Harry
    Yeah, pretty sure I heard that about Neeld, too.

Goes up to 11
    I hear that Roosy's getting a unicorn for Christmas too....

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Hang on get back on the sub ject. Which is a daft one but..... will Buddy Franklin move to Sydney Swans. Page 4. Its running out of steam.
    I've heard there is a clause in his contract that says he can go "home" for a third round pick. Although he's from WA, he did pass through Sydney once when he was a kid, and there are some other people named Franklin living here who are possibly his relatives, so he looks on Sydney as a second home.

Short threads are boring.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    I've heard there is a clause in his contract that says he can go "home" for a third round pick. Although he's from WA, he did pass through Sydney once when he was a kid, and there are some other people named Franklin living here who are possibly his relatives, so he looks on Sydney as a second home.

Short threads are boring.
    I don't think there is any chance of a Franklin move to us either.
    BUT..
    Had there been a "Tippett to Swans in 2013" thread this time last year, I'd have laughed just as loudly.
    So maybe ''never say never'is more than a truism?

I heard a rumour from an unnamed source that we intend playing Franklin in a key defender position

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    Absolute rubbish rumour in my opinion. Buddy tweeted on #Buddy13 something along the lines of ' Great to see Suckling out there (in that game) can't wait to play with hime next year. Sounds as if he is staying at Hawthorn.
    Ha, you cant possibly believe what anyone says, especially when players are rumoured to be leaving....I remember an interview with plugger way back in 1994 a question was asked about him re-signing, his commitment to the saints etc and he says he will be re-signing and be a one club player! We all know what happened, you cant believe anything in this industry IMO. Oh I would want buddy just to see the uproar, especially from those hawthorn flog supporters who I always seem to hear the reason we won the GF last year was because of the cost of living allowance???

Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    Absolute rubbish rumour in my opinion. Buddy tweeted on #Buddy13 something along the lines of ' Great to see Suckling out there (in that game) can't wait to play with hime next year. Sounds as if he is staying at Hawthorn.
    .....or Matt Suckling is also going to GWS?? The plot thickens...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

The money is Buddy will be staying at the Hawks. Tweeted yesterday that he can't wait to play with Suckling next year. Unless we are getting Suckling too & the beat goes on and it plays Jingle Bells!

Veterans List
    Good fun for stirring the Hawks supports on BigFooty in any event.

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ok.....interesting. Liam Pickering (Franklin's manager) was interviewed on SEN on 'The 'Run Home' by The Ox and Marco just now. They asked about Franklin's comment that he is happy at the hawks but still wont make a decision until the end of the year. Pickering said that it was of no surprise but he is still in regular talks with the Giants. He then went on to say that the only thing he is looking at at the moment is the Swans........then he went immediately silent realising what he had just said. Ox picked him up in saying Swans. Pickering laughed it off and said he mixed it up with something else as there is a lot on........hhhhmmmmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by MightyBloods View Post
    Ok.....interesting. Liam Pickering (Franklin's manager) was interviewed on SEN on 'The 'Run Home' by The Ox and Marco just now. They asked about Franklin's comment that he is happy at the hawks but still wont make a decision until the end of the year. Pickering said that it was of no surprise but he is still in regular talks with the Giants. He then went on to say that the only thing he is looking at at the moment is the Swans........then he went immediately silent realising what he had just said. Ox picked him up in saying Swans. Pickering laughed it off and said he mixed it up with something else as there is a lot on........hhhhmmmmmmmmm
    Yeah I heard that too.....very interesting!