Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Tigers game day 28 July

As soon as Sam Reid is fit he will be straight back in the team. Bookmark it!

I dont think there is any doubt that as soon as he is fit he will be in - the real question is whether he will get to the level of fitness required.

He said on the coverage yesterday that he would be taking six weeks to come back this time instead of five - which would be around the st kilda game. i reckon they may well give him a run in the ressies that game just to test it out and see whether he can last a game, on the assumption that he will be needed against the hawks and geelong being the two sides with genuinely a number of different tall marking options.

I only caught the last quarter and a half but from what I saw there were a few stand out things.

Obviously Jessie was playing well.
    McVeigh was on fire, can't remember seeing anyone so attacking and enthusiastic in striving to get the ball or tackle.
    Seemed that holding the ball has a new meaning - felt there were many times where it was a clear case when Swans tackled, but it was let go.
    Good to get a good win over the Tigers which I always consider a worry game.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Watched it again today, which was enjoyable

I thought Ted, and particularly Reg were very solid down back.

I was also impressed by White's 4 qtr effort. He was pushing it to the end which was great to see. The game time is improving his AFL level fitness as well as his confidence. The Tippett-White pair could be a formidable x-factor to take into the finals. How Horse will use Reid and Goodes is the big question as I don't think either will stay out of the seniors when fit. Probably lucky that both are agile and not really classical talls.

Mumford was also a standout. He's re-established himself as our no 1 ruckman, which is no slight on Mike Pyke. Pyke seems to be spending more time up forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I agree re Mumford - confirmed he is our best ruckman by far - he is another midfielder for us and as good as Pyke has been - Mumford has footy smarts and Pyke is still learning

Agree that Mummy is the better ruckman, but Pyke is the better forward. But they are both very competent at both. As a combo, they are the best in the league at this moment.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    As soon as Sam Reid is fit he will be straight back in the team. Bookmark it!
    Who would you drop?

Nothing like friendly rivalry among our rucks.

Mumford:
    ?It?s good to be able to start playing some good footy again and take Pykey out of the paper a bit and we?ll stop the media talking about him all the time,? he said.
    Mummy building - SYDNEYSWANS.com.au

And a good point too -- Mike Pyke must be the most talked-about under-rated player ever.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    Nothing like friendly rivalry among our rucks.

Mumford:
    ?It?s good to be able to start playing some good footy again and take Pykey out of the paper a bit and we?ll stop the media talking about him all the time,? he said.
    Mummy building - SYDNEYSWANS.com.au

And a good point too -- Mike Pyke must be the most talked-about under-rated player ever.
    Seriously, watch that interview and count how many times he begins his answer to questions with "Yeah definitely." Almost every question.

SwansTV: Lamb gets goal side: Plays of the Day R18 - SYDNEYSWANS.com.au

how good was this little play

the pickup by Mitchell spinning around - fair dinkum he was spinning as fast as a washing machine full of undies -

then the composure to lay it off to Pebbles - Mitchell has some serious football brain on his shoulders.......he is genuinely scary how he has adapted to Snr Footy

then Pebbles mistake? or not finds a target - to none other then our new goal sneak Jed Lamb come new midfielder !!!

Then to top it off Jesse neatly pushes over a richmond defender .........Jesse saids "hey bud the goal square is mine so dont try and act tough with any of bro's you hear .....im here to stay !"

"Capish" ?

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/video/2013-07-29/swanstv-lamb-gets-goal-side-plays-of-the-day-r18

how good was this little play

the pickup by Mitchell spinning around - fair dinkum he was spinning as fast as a washing machine full of undies -

then the composure to lay it off to Pebbles - Mitchell has some serious football brain on his shoulders.......he is genuinely scary how he has adapted to Snr Footy

then Pebbles mistake? or not finds a target - to none other then our new goal sneak Jed Lamb come new midfielder !!!

Then to top it off Jesse neatly pushes over a richmond defender .........Jesse saids "hey bud the goal square is mine so dont try and act tough with any of bro's you hear .....im here to stay !"

"Capish" ?

"be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthirsty View Post
    Who would you drop?
    Not my decision but it will happen. If it was my decision I'd drop White in a heartbeat. He doesn't have a brain. So you're probably glad i'm not the Coach

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Not my decision but it will happen. If it was my decision I'd drop White in a heartbeat. He doesn't have a brain. So you're probably glad i'm not the Coach
    Wow. 'He doesn't have a brain'. That's some serious hate. Smiley or not.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast