Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Swans v Saints

Why Bird?The only way he should be left out is if he has niggles and is to be completely rested,if he plays reserves then somethings really wrong.We cant drop players who have done the job all year and bring in half fit and undisciplined guys in their place.Mcglynn whacked a young kid and gets straight back in,shaw is very unfit but gets straight back in.

What is so bad about playing 3-4 ressies games first and forcing your way back in with sustained form like the likes of White,TDL (when he was still with us]and Morton have been forcecd to do time and again.We played some very good footy without all these injured guys.Lamb should never have been dropped,theres certain guys in our squad who are a protected species.One of my all time favourite players has until recent weeks had a stinker of a year but for some reason cant be dropped.

Also Mcglynn in the second half of the season has been woeful,nearly all his goals came early in the season then he whacks a kid but walks straight back in,wheres this much vaunted ethos of earning a spot,Leigh Matthews last night said he thought things might get messy for us towards the end of year and we would have more than just a few disgruntled players,sure there will have to be but i just hope we pick on form and fitness not on names or whats been done over previous seasons.

If anyone has to be disgruntled id rather it be one of those older few who have been surpassed by younger guys this season than one of our young guys who could be with us for the next ten years.Runs on the board should only matter if your picking two people of equal fitness and similiar form.Its a fact Lamb,Mitchell and Rampe have gone past some of their older counterparts this year and hopefully those guys can see that when the time comes for the tough calls to be made.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Have always been a fan of McGlynn, but noted that we didnt really miss him when he was suspended / injured. Strange given he was our leading goal kicker at the time. Harsh on Lamb last week, even worse given Ben's output against the Pies.

No doubt some major selection dilemmas coming our way once everyone is fit.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    There is going to be some interesting discussion here tomorrow afternoon. And no it's not what everyone's thinking
    Spot on again ugg. Lots of interesting discussion, although I'm not sure everybody is actually thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Spot on again ugg. Lots of interesting discussion, although I'm not sure everybody is actually thinking.
    Please help us mouth breathers know where we went wrong ?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    You were spot on Ugg. This one really took me by surprise. Let the discussion begin.

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/2...vamped-in-2014
    Is that it, I was waiting for something more exciting. Feeling disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    Is that it, I was waiting for something more exciting. Feeling disappointed.
    I was just joking. Trying to prod Ugg for an early answer to his teaser.

But it is interesting and does deserve a separate thread.

I think the answer will be at 5pm when final 22 announced!!!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by southsideswan View Post
    I think the answer will be at 5pm when final 22 announced!!!
    Lamb and Rohan in...Mitchell and Bjack out. I reckon Mitch may be rested rather than dropped, and BJack given more time to get that exciting game of his properly tuned.

I think we should remember this round for a trivia night down the track,

Question may be 'When did Tommy Mitchell miss a senior game for the Swans?" Cos this may be the only one.

I see what Ugg's been hinting at: Jude's top ten pumpup tunes.

No. 1: Berlin Chair!

Barbecue stopper.
    SwansTV: Pump-Up playlists with Jude Bolton - SYDNEYSWANS.com.au
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    Lamb and Rohan in...Mitchell and Bjack out. I reckon Mitch may be rested rather than dropped, and BJack given more time to get that exciting game of his properly tuned.

I think we should remember this round for a trivia night down the track,

Question may be 'When did Tommy Mitchell miss a senior game for the Swans?" Cos this may be the only one.
    Mitchell has been looking bit flat lately. So maybe just needs a rest, to get some energy back.

On the Rookie List
    In the recent article about Parker re-signing, he talks about Sam Reid being good to go this weekend, he just didn't know whether it would be via the reserves or whether Reid would have a "golden ticket" to get straight back into the seniors. 1) I am surprised this didn't get more attention from RWO, or anywhere else and; 2) Interesting that Parker refers to a 'golden ticket' as something that some players get. So much for team first. As people have been saying on this thread - we will learn a lot about the true selection philosophy of the club over the next few weeks. I think we will learn that there is fact no 'team first' philosophy.

And regarding the article, I read it again just to be sure what I'm saying is correct, and they have deleted all this content since I first read it. The deletions (from memory) also included talking about the loss to Collingwood. Strange.

I recall those comments too. It was confusing but pretty sure Parker was saying Reid was good for the Geelong game rather than this one.

The "golden ticket" comment seems to be moot because as I read it a reserves win this week, which is very likely, means no reserves game next week for Reid to come back into - so if you want to get a seniors run before finals, they've run out of time to come back via reserves.