Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jolly 2006

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries

Jolly 2006

Given how much debate it has generated on here over the years, the man in his own words

Babies on game day: when a new life and your life's dream go head-to-head
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Needs more Davo.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

"It's fair to say that big Dean Cox taught me a lesson that day. It was the worst game I have played in my career, which is why of course I have never watched it. I felt really conflicted after the game ? I was upset and disappointed about losing a grand final and not playing my part well..."

Reckon I could have told him that about two minutes after losing.
    It's STILL all his fault.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    My impression: the man is sad about it.
    So were we.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Goes up to 11
    I'd be really ok with all that has happened to Jolly and everything he's done if he just went to some other team rather than damn Collingwood!

Senior Player
    Swans-Pies trades have usually been a win-win . I can't think of a better successful "pairing" in trades.
    I do wonder if Peter Everitt arriving in Sydney a year earlier would have won us the '06 GF.Even so , we were only two behinds short of a win.
    Never mind , I prefer to focus on Jolly's contribution to our win in '05.
    He's had a terrific career and when he retires - this season , I predict - he can look back with more joy and pride than regret.

I like Jolly and feel for him.

Was more annoyed at a one B Hall who was @@@@house that day and had no baby as an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    I like Jolly and feel for him.

Was more annoyed at a one B Hall who was @@@@house that day and had no baby as an excuse.
    Yep, said the same thing from day one.

Quote Originally Posted by Swansinger View Post
    Swans-Pies trades have usually been a win-win . I can't think of a better successful "pairing" in trades.
    I do wonder if Peter Everitt arriving in Sydney a year earlier would have won us the '06 GF.Even so , we were only two behinds short of a win.
    Never mind , I prefer to focus on Jolly's contribution to our win in '05.
    He's had a terrific career and when he retires - this season , I predict - he can look back with more joy and pride than regret.
    That is certainly a position I take - had we had Everitt to replace Ball, then we really would of been exceptionally tough to beat and I think would of went back to back. But we had a number of guys that simply didn't turn up in 06 in that first half, which cost us greatly!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Shut up.
    Stop talking about it.
    It still hurts.

Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    That is certainly a position I take - had we had Everitt to replace Ball, then we really would of been exceptionally tough to beat and I think would of went back to back. But we had a number of guys that simply didn't turn up in 06 in that first half, which cost us greatly!
    Hawthorn's asking price to let us get Everitt for 2006 was too high (First round pick and a young player called Malceski). I remember thinking at the end of 2006, one year too late when we got Everitt.....but then came 2012!

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Can we please not talk about 2006 just as we are about to maybe get another chance to defend a premiership, it's making me nervous!!

Have to remind myself to take things week by week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast