Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans v hawks game day thread

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    I think Buddy may be in strife with the review panel. Does he have carryover points?
    Apparently not. Depends whether its negligent or reckless for him to miss

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    I think Buddy may be in strife with the review panel. Does he have carryover points?
    Pretty sure the commentators said he didn't.

Buddy might as well go for his GWS jumper presentation next week.

Best of all worlds: We are playing well, but keeping Hawthorn in the game. We just have to make sure we lose now. I figure we have a much better chance against a Buddyless Hawthorn than we do against the Cats.

Jesse doing well. Pleased that he is keeping up his form. It wasn't just the Tippett effect.

Also Bigg doesn't look out of place.

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Buddy's been reported 7 times previously but no carry over points. Radio & TV & Twitter saying probable 225 points and with early plea will miss one game. Hamish Hartlett has posted a twitter saying "hhhmmm, will be interested in what sanction".

Also, interesting to see Hill in the rooms at half-time coming out of the medical room with his jumper off feeling his ribs...possibly just sore but still helps us. It will be interesting to watch Hill in the 2nd half.

I'm really impressed with the pressure we're applying across the midfield. The young guys really seem to be putting in a huge effort. This is a much more exciting game, so far, than I was expecting.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Bird and Jesse are having cracking games

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Looking at this game now....mid 3rd quarter...do we really want to win it? Conflicted.

- - - Updated - - -

Franklin just hurt himself taking that mark....hip? leg? tried to hide it.

- - - Updated - - -

Looking at our match ups...I like our forward set up but are we a tall short down back? Tippett?

Gee whiz I am proud of them tonight. Amazingly good performance.

- - - Updated - - -

How was that not a mark to rok ?

- - - Updated - - -

I think Brandon jack is the one of the youngsters who looks the furthest from playing at afl level. The rest could all make it

- - - Updated - - -

Also I hope Jesse has learned a bit from lake tonight - he will bump you if he is close enough very early - Jesse has to make longer leads and force lake to sprint with him

WTF??!! Twice in 3 ****ing minutes advantage is called when Swans players come to a stuttering halt only having to play on under pressure. Are those umpires retarded or do our boys have no concept of the advantage rule?! FFS!!!!!

I think that's the best goal I've seen Morton kick for the Swans.

Spangher handy

- - - Updated - - -

Wonder if Eski was subbed off with a headache or dizziness. That might not be very good for Bloody Franklin at the tribunal ... a sceptic or conspiracy theorist might suggest that the sub move might have been John Longmire's best strategic move for the night

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I'm mildly disappointed, but reason says this was a decent result for us: Tippett still in wraps, much improved play from our blokes, good showing by lots of our youngsters, old reliables still have it. And I would prefer to play this crowd next week rather than Cats atm.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast