Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for the Semi Final V Carlton

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I just hope those at the club sit down Rohan, congratulate him on getting back this year, and then sit down and plan his pre-season. If they get it right, he will be superb for us next season. It's all about confidence at the moment, and you can see he is lacking it. But get a full, regular pre-season under his belt, so that he is confident in his body and watch him fly next season!
    Even pre injury Gaz wasn't a high possession gatherer at that early stage of his career, he excited us with his speed and defensive aspects, but that was about it early on.

Dangerfield was similar early in his career and is now a gun with 4 or 5 pre seasons under his belt. Hope for similar with Gaz long term.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I don't think Rohan's numbers are as bad as it looks on first glance once you compare them to fellow forwards Bolton and McGlynn and that for a lot of the second half he was the deepest lying forward

Would love to see the stat pressure acts but they are never publicly available

we just got audited by the Hawks

for me our ability to execute when we did win the ball was not good enough..........equally our pressure when we didnt win the ball was very very bad in the 2nd half

When the Hawks lifted our attitude was not comparable !

I do believe in the character of our team !!

We can definitely beat Carlton or Richmond at home !!

Then we will see how we go from there

All is not lost !
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

On our performance against the Hawks, changes are needed if we are to get to the GF.
    Let's only play fit players, we wew burnt in 2010? finals by an unfit Hannerbery and the year berfore ? by O'Keefe on one leg.
    Our best form of the season was against Adelaide and BJ and Lamb were part of that team and need to be considered. Morton for Bolton would be a positive if Morton is fit enough. Goodes for Rohan would also be a positive.

Senior Player
    a) It all over if we don't win this week
    b) We want a fit team that can apply pressure all around the ground
    c) We might lose McVeigh and Bolton
    d) LRT and Goodes are back but will be badly underdone
    e) We already have 2 clearly underdone players (Jetta and Rohan)
    f) We have other players with poor form
    g) If we can't apply forward pressure the opppositon defense ther is no gameplan
    g)Talent is only an advantage if you can apply enough pressure to utilise it
    h) Despite small numbers of possessions last week Cunningham an BJ applied pressure and Cunningham showed the ability to lower his eyes
    i) The most talented , fit and in form players apart from the above are Morton, Membrey, Biggs Lamb, Towers XR and Lloyd
    h) Hawthorn showed last night it is not about superstars but about fitness, pressure and composure
    j) Richmond are a fit strong running side with the ability to kick goals quickly, not unlike Hawthorn
    k) its all about finding the best balance and a team that can achieve synergy with run and pressure
    l) Rohan would do best as the sub imho

so:Assuming we don't chance unfit players (assuming Smith and Hanners will be fitter next week but Bolton and McVeigh will be out):

Smith Richards Malceski
    Rampe Grundy Biggs
    Everitt ROK Hanners
    McGlynn Tippett Morton
    Membrey White Lamb

Mumford Kennedy
    Jack

C'ham Mitchell Bird/Rohan

Yes 5 inexperienced players but at least they are young, fit and talented.Some x factor about the forward line and the ability to apply pressure.

LRT, Goodes and Jetta one week fitter for the preliminary. Think about them then.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Michels spot must be in danger.

Mcveigh is silky smooth when 100% fit, but ordinary when not. Gwts exposed for pace.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Michels spot must be in danger.

Mcveigh is silky smooth when 100% fit, but ordinary when not. Gwts exposed for pace.
    Who's Michels?

Out- Bolton,Mcglynn,White
    In- Towers,Morton,Goodes [sub] And if Hanners isnt right B.Jack or J.Lamb

Obviously depends on who we play as well to know the matchups, White has been good but still very patchy and his defensive pressure is still lacking. Play Towers and Morton forward and sub one of them off for Goodes late. I think we need both Pyke and Mummy in the side and should never sub them, most teams would have to put alot of time into our ruckman, has worked well most games and we shouldnt change that now. We need to be more mobile in our forward line with a max of 2 big men there at anytime. To me Mummy is the equal of Jesse as a forward [very patchy] and Pyke and Tippett are much better. Not saying White was bad last night he tried hard but unfortunately he is fighting for a spot against more consistent players than him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Who's Michels?
    I think its Tom Mitchell

Thought he did OK, although not obviously not as clean as he was earlier in the year. Hard to tell viewed through the prism of the tv commentary.
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Veterans List
    Rohan's no going where the ball's at because he has been out of the game so long. Pretty simple really.

We aren't going to blood debutantes on finals. Morton might come in. One of the kids goes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Rohan's no going where the ball's at because he has been out of the game so long. Pretty simple really.
    Rohan is as much myth as it is fact. He was a fringe player before his injury remember.

i would still love to see Rohan off the HBF eventually but lets focus on the now

our midfield has to lift massively but we will be in sydney next wknd and ready to soar !
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast