Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for the Semi Final V Carlton

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheer_Cheer View Post
    Exactly.. I really don't want Goodes to play.. Surely he can't pick up the pace of finals footy after being out for a few months..
    The only thing I can think of for the coaches to play Goodes is for them to place him at full forward. Then for him to move towards the pocket to take Jamison away from the goal square to allow our bigger guys to float in towards the goalsquare. I'm thinking if he comes in then two of the following to miss (Jetta/Rohan/Bolton).

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    It's the 'age old adage' that all coaches talk about....but few take notice of.
    If we didn't have anyone underdone or carrying an injury we'd be calling for topups. It does work sometimes - like Ted in the GF.

Speaking of underdone players...

Sydney Swans co-captain Jarrad McVeigh will face a fitness test ahead of this Saturday night?s semi final against Carlton at ANZ Stadium, while Adam Goodes and Lewis Roberts-Thomson remain in the mix to return to the field this week

Big three to face tests - SYDNEYSWANS.com.au
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

On the Rookie List
    Just stick Goodes in the forward line. We need to think ahead one or two matches if we want to have a realistic shot at the flag.

For the same reasons, you can't drop Rohan or Jetta. A decision was made weeks ago to get them into the team, so stick to it. Carlton is the best possible team for us to play, as they are easily the worst team remaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthirsty View Post
    Just stick Goodes in the forward line. We need to think ahead one or two matches if we want to have a realistic shot at the flag.

For the same reasons, you can't drop Rohan or Jetta. A decision was made weeks ago to get them into the team, so stick to it. Carlton is the best possible team for us to play, as they are easily the worst team remaining.
    Frankly I'd leave Rohan out if it was me and put Morton in the team. We need a goalsneak/medium target up forward, and Rohan clearly looks like a player that has not played much football for a long time.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Frankly I'd leave Rohan out if it was me and put Morton in the team. We need a goalsneak/medium target up forward, and Rohan clearly looks like a player that has not played much football for a long time.
    Agree Morton would do better than most of our forward options but I wouldn't necessarily leave Gazza out. Would he be fit enough yet to run up and down a wing? He's not just a forward...

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MightyBloods View Post
    The only thing I can think of for the coaches to play Goodes is for them to place him at full forward. Then for him to move towards the pocket to take Jamison away from the goal square to allow our bigger guys to float in towards the goalsquare. I'm thinking if he comes in then two of the following to miss (Jetta/Rohan/Bolton).
    Longmire did say he not sure how Goodes would look in a green vest. I think it is the only option if they play him. But if we progress further, I would love to have him in the side. He looked impressive in training!

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Agree Morton would do better than most of our forward options but I wouldn't necessarily leave Gazza out. Would he be fit enough yet to run up and down a wing? He's not just a forward...
    I've always been of the view that Morton is in the best 22. That may be a controversial view, but I'd sure love to see Morton out there with Rohan and Jetta.

Ins: Goodes, Lamb, Morton
    Outs: White, Rohan, Bolton

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JudesaGun View Post
    Ins: Goodes, Lamb, Morton
    Outs: White, Rohan, Bolton
    Is that to win or lose?

JudesaGun has become JudesaDud
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Cometh the moment, Cometh the champion.

Let's just pick our Premiership team from last year. Along with Goodes, Morton and Jetta we can strap a couple of bionic knees onto Marty & throw LRT out there whatever condition he's in. Shaw's had LARS by now so he should already be good to go as should AJ for the same reason.

There you go. Problem solved!
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Cometh the moment, Cometh the champion.
    That was a blatant piece of plagiarism from Macevany, who stole the line from Tom Harley, who said during the prelim when Goodsey kicked a goal..."cometh the moment, cometh the man"!!

Wonder what Harley thought at the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Let's just pick our Premiership team from last year. Along with Goodes, Morton and Jetta we can strap a couple of bionic knees onto Marty & throw LRT out there whatever condition he's in. Shaw's had LARS by now so he should already be good to go as should AJ for the same reason.

There you go. Problem solved!
    You must have some seriously good drugs....Will you be my Doctor please?
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast