Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for the Semi Final V Carlton

Dropping KT wow some people say silly things.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Rohan is as much myth as it is fact. He was a fringe player before his injury remember.
    I think developing would be a more accurate term.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Yes lets keep KT and watch the midfield kick to him every time, even though he has 2 to 3 players on him and then the opposition clears the ball from our forward line with ridiculous ease. Just like Hodge, Gibson, Mitchell did on Friday night. Gee that would be fun to watch again.

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    Yes lets keep KT and watch the midfield kick to him every time, even though he has 2 to 3 players on him and then the opposition clears the ball from our forward line with ridiculous ease. Just like Hodge, Gibson, Mitchell did on Friday night. Gee that would be fun to watch again.
    Well, you can't blame Tippett if they kick it to him when he's not open. If there are 3 players guarding Tippett then there must be a couple of Swans open somewhere else. It's up to the man with the ball to pick out the right players to go to. I can't imagine the coach saying 'just kick it to Tippo'.

I watched how Hawthorn spread out when they had the ball after a mark forward of centre. They forced us to come up and play the man with the ball until someone became open on the lead. With their skills, it was perfect footy. We need to do that as well. So I do agree about the way we just bomb it in and hope for the best. But it's up to the players to play smarter footy and execute better.

Maybe I'm alone, but the results today have me feeling optimistic. One reason arises from the banal points that upsets can happen in finals, even really big upsets, and no matter the lead-up form each team has to turn up and perform on the day. But the more specific reason arises from the fact that if we can win our SF, we're taking on Freo (albeit in Perth) in the PF, which is a more achievable contract than taking on a winning Geelong in a PF at the MCG. 2013 is starting to feel like a mirror image of 2006. Whether that mirror image means we win or lose the PF, I'm not sure. We have to get there first, I know.

Some clueless people here.

"Drop Tippett"... well, that doesn't deserve a response.
    Hanners won't be dropped unless he can't walk.
    I don't get the criticism of Jetta. He came on when the game was almost over and, whilst he didn't get a heap of touches, he looked more composed and delivered the ball better than almost by one else from our team.
    A big has to go and I think White offers the least.
    We missed Lamb's skill and nouse up forward so he comes in.
    I love Jude but I think if he's carrying any sort of injury he has to miss.
    I like Biggs as his replacement as he showed good decision making ability and might allow McVeigh to drift into the midfield a bit more.
    Rohan should be sub an Jetta should be a full game.
    Tippett and Pyke up forward with McGlynn (who needs to lift), Lamb, Mitchell and one of our mids drifting through.

Quote Originally Posted by JudesaGun View Post
    Some clueless people here.

A big has to go and I think White offers the least.

White had 16 disposal and 5 marks, the same as Pyke and Tippett, together! Mummy had 3 handballs and 1 mark.

Stats would suggest White offers the most. I thought Pyke and White were equal best of the big 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    White had 16 disposal and 5 marks, the same as Pyke and Tippett, together! Mummy had 3 handballs and 1 mark.

Stats would suggest White offers the most. I thought Pyke and White were equal best of the big 4.
    Do you think there is anyway the coaching staff drops Mumford over White?

How did we get so close in Round 23 but capitulate so bad on Friday?! Horses for Courses, sort out the issues and win next week. Very frustrating. All I know is hat something has to change to give us a fighting chance. Also Rampe, Jack and White aren't going anywhere. Pretty much everyone else needs to sort themselves out. Oh yeah Bird was good too. And Richards and Pyke. I think I saw McGlynn and White clash and it appears McGlynn had a few choice words to say to White when he was on the ground which I thought was a bit rich.

On the Rookie List
    Just bring in FIT players, whether they are kids or not, give them finals experience and not worry about the result. We are not going to win the flag and a win next week allows us to play freo in Perth in a preliminary with them wanting to make their first GF! No way known we would win that, don't mean to be negative but it has got to the stage, due to injuries, we need to look towards 2014 and come back fit and firing.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I think one of the worst decisions was to give Jesse the job of minding Hodge. Reminds me of the sorcerer and the apprentice. Hodge requires a hard-nosed defensive forward, otherwise he sets up play after play. He is probably the single most destructive force on the ground, along with Roughead.
    Another thing that bothers me over the last few weeks is the way we win the clearance, i.e. get first hands on the ball, and within two or three passes the opposition has it. There is something the matter with our centre set-up and the lack of positioning to enable (relatively) uncontested ball movement.
    Also we need to give some thought to regaining our run out of the back. Malceski is doing OK, but his strength is more in his penetrating kick rather than sheer pace; we are really missing Shaw, and I don't think we have a ready-made replacement. Perhaps it's the sort of job Harry C can do, but I doubt that he's quite ready for it just yet.
    Rampe is already a good player, and perhaps he's the one who can give a chop out for Ted and Reg occasionally. We could do a bit more of that.
    And last but not least, crumbing. Benny can do it, but doesn't seem to be in position often enough. The one I'd like to see on the job is Morton.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by JudesaGun View Post
    Do you think there is anyway the coaching staff drops Mumford over White?
    I think they'll all stay. The 4 big men have done genereraly well this year and it's the best setup we have given available personnel. More of a problem for next year.

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast